Willdra's Vivacious Carnival Vista May 14-20 Cruise

willdra

I was on the Vista in Europe last September and I don't remember those yellow chairs with covers in Serenity. They look hideous. I would imagine they removed lounge chairs to fit those in. Thanks for the Cozumel review. That beach resort looks nice and would be a great alternative to Nachi Cocom!

LOL! [emoji23] We couldn't figure out the purpose for those yellow jailbird timeout chairs either. [emoji33]That was a decorating disaster!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great review. We are on the Horizon Inaugural cruise in April 2018 and your review of Vista has me excited for it's sister ship. We've booked a Havana cabin but don't know how much use we will get as it's a very port intensive cruise. Thanks for all the good info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great review! We just got off the Vista last Sunday (sadly LOL) and your review just revives the thoughts of those great days and everything that happened on a spectacular cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I can't thank you enough for doing this review and all your others ! They are so entertaining as well as informative and it's rare to find both !! I really wish we could end up on the same cruise sometime. You have the same attitude I have on a cruise, it's all about total relaxation and me time !! Our last cruise, I know I can't get all of them in my signature sorry, we had a spa balcony on the Magic. It was truly heaven !!! I used all the free parts everyday . You might like it. You are away from all the noise and hustle and bustle. Again thank you so much for taking the time and energy to do this review. I really wished you cruised more often. I go into withdrawal after I finish one of your reviews !!!:cool:

Great review. We are on the Horizon Inaugural cruise in April 2018 and your review of Vista has me excited for it's sister ship. We've booked a Havana cabin but don't know how much use we will get as it's a very port intensive cruise. Thanks for all the good info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you [emoji4]!! Please let me know if you find any deals on airfare, and good hotels ! ✈️

Great review! We just got off the Vista last Sunday (sadly LOL) and your review just revives the thoughts of those great days and everything that happened on a spectacular cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks so very much for this! ❤️[emoji7]❤️ I was so sad to leave the Vista! [emoji50]

I can't thank you enough for doing this review and all your others ! They are so entertaining as well as informative and it's rare to find both !! I really wish we could end up on the same cruise sometime. You have the same attitude I have on a cruise, it's all about total relaxation and me time !! Our last cruise, I know I can't get all of them in my signature sorry, we had a spa balcony on the Magic. It was truly heaven !!! I used all the free parts everyday . You might like it. You are away from all the noise and hustle and bustle. Again thank you so much for taking the time and energy to do this review. I really wished you cruised more often. I go into withdrawal after I finish one of your reviews !!!:cool:

Awwwww thanks!!!!! [emoji4] I wish I cruised more often too! Our only job there is to eat, drink, and lounge around! [emoji924][emoji2][emoji924][emoji485]

• Like 1

Eviction Day

Much to my dismay the day had arrived for our cabin to be repossessed. The day that they evict us and welcome new guests aboard. Not fair! If you want a week to go by fast, go on a cruise! The time flew by like it was merely a blur.

We got up and got ready pretty quickly. Might as well rip the bandaid off! We walked out of our cabin right at 7:45 which is when Matt called Zones 1 and 2. They were still adding bags to the carousels so it took a while to get our bags. We got a Porter and he walked us through customs at 8:15. They were not taking the Customs forms anymore, so we just showed our passports, the agent glanced at them and said "Have a nice day". Welp that was easy!

Our Porter led us out front to catch a taxi.There were lots of taxis waiting so we picked the first one in line. The driver told us it was a flat rate of $27 to Miami Airport. I'm sure it's prolly cheaper to Uber, but I didn't feel like checking or waiting. Having to leave the awesomeness of The Vista had me all meh.

Once we were at the airport W wanted to weigh the big bags and they were 44 and 49 pounds. #Winning! I took that opportunity to move some stuff from my carry on, since the lighter checked bag still had lots of room. Before going through security I silently prayed that I wouldn't have to open my carry on bag this time because the zipper was breaking and it had maybe one or two good zips left before it would fall completely apart and disintegrate. I really need new luggage now, which is a mess because this set is only a few years old.

We stripped to go through the security checkpoint, cuz we are not airport amateurs, and thank God no one wanted me to pen my bag! I got out of the area as quick as I could too before they changed their minds. Yep, I left W, who was still putting on his shoes!

We ate breakfast in the airport McDonald's,which I don't recommend, unless you would like attitude with your Egg Mcmuffin. Then we went to our gate and waited for our 12 o'clock flight.

Here are some of the observations that I wrote down of The Vista while we were waiting. Or the TLDR (Too Long Didn't Read) version:

The ship is outstanding! There was so much to see and do, it was impossible for us to do everything that we wanted to do on just 1 cruise. This would be a great ship for a back to back. You wouldn't get bored. The ship is also massive! It holds a lot of people and although there were lines from time to time, it wasn't a deal breaker. As with every ship that we've been on, go early to the CD's activities. They draw huge crowds especially when they are great entertainers like Matt or Rev. Dr. E.

The Vista has an astounding selection of food venues! You need to have your taste buds checked if you can’t find good food on the Vista. Don't be afraid of Your Time Dining on this ship. It is very quick and efficient. There are many many shady places to sit! If your first choice isn't available, there are remarkable alternatives. The Vista has all of our old favorites and some new ones too. It was really exciting to watch a movie on it's opening night on the ship with no lines, no waiting, and no bad seats! Do.The.Skyride!!!!! Riding around up there was breathtaking. Do.The.Chef's.Table!!! The experience on this ship takes an already incredible presentation and improves it by 1000%! I know that I am leaving something out, but in my defense, my brain has been working very hard for 47 years!

The wait in the airport went by in a flash! Having real WiFi again gave me lots of stuff to do on my iPad. This time we gate checked our bags voluntarily, so we were bumped up to Zone 1. Fancy!

Our ride back to A town

33973907893_71821d71b7_z.jpg

After 2 potty breaks I slept all the way back to Atlanta. There was hardly any traffic when we got there, so we made it home before the The Vista set sail again. I unpacked as soon as the bellhop (you know him as W) brought our bags upstairs.

Before I fell asleep, I thanked God that I was still able to zip up my pants, and that wearing the zipped up pants didn't cause me to pass out!

Mischief Managed.

• Like 1

Loved your review! Thank you so much for sharing your vacation with us!....I have Vista booked in March, and also RCCL Adventure of the Seas for the same week. I've been so undecided on which one I am going to cancel and which one to keep. After reading your review there is no question we are going to sail Vista! I am so excited now! Cheers

What an awesome review! Your writing is so entertaining and informative. I can't wait to see what your next adventures brings![emoji1319][emoji1303]

Thank you so much for this!!! ❤️[emoji38]❤️

Willdra- great review as always!

Just curious how much the Imax theater was... is there a weekly pass? Do they show different movies each night? At different times during the day?

Thanks again for taking the time to do the review!

Thanks for sharing your cruise on the Vista with us. I wish I could sail on the Vista after reading this but the Horizon my next ship. I can't believe they are sending it to Galveston so soon.

Loved your review! Thank you so much for sharing your vacation with us!....I have Vista booked in March, and also RCCL Adventure of the Seas for the same week. I've been so undecided on which one I am going to cancel and which one to keep. After reading your review there is no question we are going to sail Vista! I am so excited now! Cheers

Thank you so much [emoji4]!!! You are going to love ❤️ The Vista!! [emoji924][emoji924][emoji924] We wouldn't hesitate to sail on her again. [emoji1474][emoji1474][emoji1474]