Kid's menu from the specialty restaurants on the Breakaway

Mhl76

It doesn't take much thinking to understand why the choice is "full price" or "kids' menu that is lacking" in the $pecialty restaurants. :confused:

Seriously? Is Teppanyaki supposed to be some kind of adults only romantic experience?

Ours did. The issue is more with the specialties.

And it wouldn't take much effort to have a different kids menu/coloring sheet for each restaurant, that's the part I don't understand. It would still be the same across all the ships.

If you have the dining package, everything is already covered. If not, I can understand, but the a la carte prices for the restaurants are ridiculous to begin with.

If you have the dining package, everything is already covered. If not, I can understand, but the a la carte prices for the restaurants are ridiculous to begin with.

Husband and I have it, but it only goes to the first to people in the room, not the kids. So we could buy them the dining package, but $80+ for 3 meals for a kid is pretty outrageous too.

I read that to mean NCL doesn't want kids in the specialities, but I think if they really cared that much they'd not close the Splash Academy for 2 hours during meals. I think its just not something they put much though into. I really don't have much to complain about with NCL, but this is one area where I think a bit of effort would go a long way with families.

Husband and I have it, but it only goes to the first to people in the room, not the kids. So we could buy them the dining package, but $80+ for 3 meals for a kid is pretty outrageous too.

I read that to mean NCL doesn't want kids in the specialities, but I think if they really cared that much they'd not close the Splash Academy for 2 hours during meals. I think its just not something they put much though into. I really don't have much to complain about with NCL, but this is one area where I think a bit of effort would go a long way with families.

But since up until recently, kids were half price in the specialties, NCL must have determined that it would be financially advantageous to no longer offer the discount. I'm sure that if it is determined that profits were down by not offering the discount, it will go back to the way it was.

• 5 months later...

i have 2 kids and its not that bad. You absolutely can order off the main dining room menu for them while your at the specialty restaurant with no issue. That way I was able to get the kids chicken breast, fish, steak and veggies.

The chef at Teppanyaki on two different trips gave the kids the fried rice and veggies without me asking or ordering because he was making it for the table. I thought that was very nice.

They can sample off your plates in Moderno, no one is going to say anything.

Don't over think it and enjoy your trip!

Our daughter has cruised starting at age 8 and never ordered from the kids menu. As said, not an issue at any complementary restaurant at all. She only really enjoyed Teppanyaki as far as specialties go, so there we paid full price and she ate a regular meal. When we went to any other specialty she would eat at the buffet or O'shehans early (we would go with and just have a snack or something), and then go to the kids club. We would just eat at the specialty little bit later that night. Helps that she always wanted to be at Splash anyway though!

Up until a few years ago, kids 12 and under were half price, but, they received adult sized portions. At our local hibachi, kids are half price, adult sized portions. It would be nice to be able to get smaller portions for kids, not sure how it would work in moderno.

I recently asked and they said that the specialty restaurants have nothing in terms of a 1/2 meal for kids. So we will have to pay full price.

Does anyone have a copy of the kid's menu from the specialty restaurants on the Breakaway?

Thanks for the help!

Haven’t been on the Breakaway but on the Escape last year, our boys (3&6) were allowed to share a Teppanyaki meal that we paid for instead of eating off the kids menu. They were great about splitting the meal between them and both got full deserts. I don’t think it hurts to ask if there is some sort of arrangement that can work with your child if the kids menu doesn’t appeal. At the MDR, my 6 year old typically ate off the adult menu nightly as kids menu didn’t appeal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums