I may have made a rookie mistake-room choice

brooklynfc

I feel like I did all my research and looked at the ships plans and came to cruise critic and looked up recent room reviews, but now I'm not sure.

I booked spa interior on the Dream for august, room 11232 at first and of course after reading older reviews I had my PVP move me to 11234, as there aren't any other rooms open on the Starboard side, except a accessible cabin and I'm not doing that.

Is there anyone with more recent reviews of this room or close to it? My PVP said she hasn't had any complaints about them, but it seems there can be issues with the weights and treadmills. The ship deck plans are just not clear enough to really tell. I'm going to call her and ask her to keep an eye out for inside cabins on the Starboard side that might open up and if so, just move us. But who knows if that will happen. In any case, I guess I will bring some ear plugs, plus my sound machine and hope for the best.

My hope is that during dry dock they might have done some extra padding in the flooring or something to make this not as much as an issue. You can only hope if people have complained that they would try to do something to help the issue. I know they restrict use of them during certain hours, but still, I would think providing more of a physical barrier would be smarter.

I feel really stupid. I've been at this cruise thing too long to make this kind of mistake. ;)

That's what I thought too, but if you look at decks 11 and 12, my room is is behind the stairs. There is an empty space the size of a room behind the stairs, so count one, then count three more spaces up. It looks like I'm right on the edge of the weights. But deck plans are confusing.

Yeah, I see what you are saying. I always take ear plugs when traveling, regardless of room location. I wouldn't worry too much about it. The hour restrictions would make me feel better (can't say the same about other locations!).

Yep. I'll just have to stay out until 1am or maybe sleep out on deck if it gets really bad, lol.

• 2 months later...
I feel like I did all my research and looked at the ships plans and came to cruise critic and looked up recent room reviews, but now I'm not sure.

I booked spa interior on the Dream for august, room 11232 at first and of course after reading older reviews I had my PVP move me to 11234, as there aren't any other rooms open on the Starboard side, except a accessible cabin and I'm not doing that.

Is there anyone with more recent reviews of this room or close to it? My PVP said she hasn't had any complaints about them, but it seems there can be issues with the weights and treadmills. The ship deck plans are just not clear enough to really tell. I'm going to call her and ask her to keep an eye out for inside cabins on the Starboard side that might open up and if so, just move us. But who knows if that will happen. In any case, I guess I will bring some ear plugs, plus my sound machine and hope for the best.

My hope is that during dry dock they might have done some extra padding in the flooring or something to make this not as much as an issue. You can only hope if people have complained that they would try to do something to help the issue. I know they restrict use of them during certain hours, but still, I would think providing more of a physical barrier would be smarter.

I feel really stupid. I've been at this cruise thing too long to make this kind of mistake. ;)

Just out of curiosity, did you check to see if either cabin was a connecting cabin and if the cabin next to it was unoccupied?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had an interior spa room on the Magic this past cruise directly next to the gym and never heard a thing from the gym at all. I am not sure which accessible cabin was available on the Dream, but if it was an OV and is still available - go get it!! They will move you out if someone comes along that actually needs an accessible, but if no one does, the rooms are huge! We were in room 11203 and could have had a dance party in that room if we wanted.

Just be aware there is a 'help' string in the bathroom in addition to the swimsuit string. Be certain to pull the correct string when going to hang your swimsuits or the front desk will call immediately asking if you need assistance. :)

Just saw CC member, jdemps, post regarding NR33 rated earplugs and looked them up since I also use them. When doing a search for "NP33 earplugs", this is seriously one of the first websites for them I saw. These little guys would be PERFECT for a Carnival cruise! They *almost* look like little Carnival "whale tail" funnels.

https://www.gamut.com/p/honeywell-ear-plugs-bell-disposable-33-db-noise-reduction-rating-MTI2MjQ5?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=1o4&scid=scplp538R180&sc_intid=538R180&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIo7yUiLjw1QIVAQlpCh22DASbEAQYBCABEgIyrfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CNmvk4248NUCFa26swodL-cLxA

• 3 weeks later...