Running on port day

We will be taking a Best of Mediterranean cruise July31 to august 11 on Celebrity Reflection. I was wondering if Celebrity Reflection have running group in the morning on port days? I think it would be great to have an early run before exploring the port cities. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Some ports have walking tours, but I've never seen a running group advertised anywhere. Your best bet would be to post on your roll call board (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2365213 ) and ask if anyone else is interested in joining you in one or more ports. If you don't get any response there, ask at Passenger Services once onboard if there's a 'Bulletin Board' where you could post a message looking for running partners. Keep in mind that it's usually very congested with people and vehicles anywhere within several blocks of the pier.

Are you looking for others to run with on the ship? Or in town?

Good question - I assumed OP was talking about running in town. Many ships do have groups that meet at a certain time to run the track onboard, but possibly not so much on port days when everyone is anxious to get off the ship and explore.

We will be taking a Best of Mediterranean cruise July31 to august 11 on Celebrity Reflection. I was wondering if Celebrity Reflection have running group in the morning on port days? I think it would be great to have an early run before exploring the port cities. Any suggestions?

Have you joined the Roll Call for your cruise. That would be a great place to ask your question for your specific cruise.

We are Half runners, and have not experienced any 'official' runs in port set up. There are some lines that do a sailing where there is a 5 or 10k at one or 2 of the stops. The track on Celebrity ships is not designed for a real run.

No, there will not be any runs organized by celebrity in port days. If you are interested in doing this you could reach out to your roll call and see if anyone is interested. But in many of these ports people want to hit the ground running on sightseeing once the ship docks so I think interest will be low. I'm a regular runner but stick to the treadmills and ellipticals on the ship on sea days and then just do lots of walking in port days. Not sure where all you are stopping but many ports are in industrial areas where you really can't just walk off the ship and run.

I love running port but it's tough because I also like to get an early start on a tour or sightseeing. Sometimes if we get back early I'll go out for a run or if we have an early docking I might get off and run since my wife likes to sleep in a bit.

But it all depends on what we have planned and where the ship docks. Works well in the Caribbean.