All inclusives in Barbados or Boat Yard- HL whats your favorite for a day visit :)

scubaflgirl

Going the end of July, wanted a chill beach day in btw a lot

of diving we will be doing. Should I go to Sandals or another AI

or just hang at The Boat Yard or Harbor Lights for the day. I waited

too long to book the catamaran, on the fence with this port. Your recommendations

would be appreciated, dive with turtles pretty frequently so that's not in the deciding factor

this excursion.

You are sort of comparing apples to oranges as the environment at Sandals is very different from HL or Boatyard. It also depends upon how much you want to spend on food/drinks compared to the AI price. Will you eat/drink and do enough included activities to make the AI price worthwhile?

Taxi to Boatyard or HL will be $5 per person and Boatyard includes the taxi back to the port in their admission fee. How much to get to/from Sandals?

I can't compare, since I have only went to the Boat Yard, but have a full review listed in my signature line with TONS of pictures from that day and you could see if it looks like something that would interest you. :)

We were in port until midnight last cruise and we enjoyed a quieter day on Brighton Beach, and had the evening to taxi up the coast for a fun flying fish dinner on the beach. Funny to see the ship so small in the distance. But not sure if the Cockspur Beach Club is on Brighton or how busy it gets, but it was a gorgeous beach to chill on for us...

We were in port until midnight last cruise and we enjoyed a quieter day on Brighton Beach, and had the evening to taxi up the coast for a fun flying fish dinner on the beach. Funny to see the ship so small in the distance. But not sure if the Cockspur Beach Club is on Brighton or how busy it gets, but it was a gorgeous beach to chill on for us...

How far is Brighton from the port? What amenities are available there? Thanks!

It's about 3km but someone else can better answer about amenities as we haven't been there in several years. We went to the Malibu Rum distillery and got lounges and drinks, we were the only 2 couples there. A quick search shows the Cockspur Beach Club there?

Edited by blue_water
typo

• 1 month later...

The Boatyard is a better choice if you want a great swimming or snorkelling beach, lower prices and closer proximity to the ship. The beach at the boatyard is nice and calm. I was at the beach at Sandals and the water was too rough for swimming. The pool and food were great though. Expect to pay about $100-125 pp plus a roundtrip taxi for $50 to get to Sandals. Also, I would recommend calling or booking ahead if you want a day pass since they can limit the issuance of day passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums