How much is a taxi or shuttle from Horseshoe Bay beach in Bermuda to downtown?

maddea20

Hello everyone, I'm sure I can post this on a Bermuda board but was trying to see if anyone knows the price for a taxi or shuttle bus from Horseshoe Bay beach to downtown Hamilton for shopping? I'll be going to Bermuda in about a month.

Thanks much. :)

Somewhere in the range of $30-35 most likely. I think that's what it cost us. There's an app called Hitch that allows you to call cabs like you're using Uber in the states. The biggest benefit is that it handles the transaction on your credit card, so it takes a little bit of the sting off not having to carry all that cash.

I agree that the public transport is great- but when you have a limited amount of time over a couple days, time is money and we did more using cabs than we would have waiting for busses.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello everyone, I'm sure I can post this on a Bermuda board but was trying to see if anyone knows the price for a taxi or shuttle bus from Horseshoe Bay beach to downtown Hamilton for shopping? I'll be going to Bermuda in about a month.

Thanks much. :)

There aren't shuttle buses doing this route unless you have a large enough group to fill a shuttle bus. A taxi will probably be about $25-$30 for one to four passengers Monday through Saturday. A public bus would be cheapest at $4.50 (token), $5 (exact change, coin only) or included if you have a transportation pass.

Thanks for the info everyone. I wouldn't mind taking the bus if it's located near the beach and doesn't take long to get to town. I'll be traveling with my mother who doesn't always like to walk too much.

Just be advised that if you are getting on a bus from Horseshoe Bay you will be walking up a pretty steep incline to get to the bus. Horseshoe Bay has put in a boardwalk to get from top to bottom but it is still a distance to walk. If you are taking a cab or shuttle they will be parked as you exit the beach area.

Ok thanks for this info.

Just be advised that if you are getting on a bus from Horseshoe Bay you will be walking up a pretty steep incline to get to the bus. Horseshoe Bay has put in a boardwalk to get from top to bottom but it is still a distance to walk. If you are taking a cab or shuttle they will be parked as you exit the beach area.

Yes. That's correct but they offer a ride up the hill for $2 (last time I was there).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes. That's correct but they offer a ride up the hill for $2 (last time I was there).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The ride up the hill was $1 for years then $2. Last year he stopped the rides for a while then started doing them again later in the season. I have not read anyone this year mentioning taking the $2 ride up the hill. Until someone confirms there are $2 rides up the hill this season I would not say for sure they are being offered.

Edited by Charles4515