Booking Shore Excursions

woogie

As indicated by Bill and the TS, many people don't pay attention to the Seven Seas Society benefits. Even I have to refer to them periodically as I don't remember what the discounts are or the number of hours of phone time that we have, etc. I also didn't realize that Silver members receive priority excursion reservations. No wonder it is so difficult for newbies and passengers booking late to get the excursions that they want.

Since the question has been asked and since Regent has made quite a few changes with the benefits (such as adding the bag of laundry per week for "gold" members) that I wonder if "silver" members have always had priority reservations. Does anyone remember? Note: I realize that "priority reservations" has not alway been a benefit -- it was started when Regent was purchased by PCH.

The simple answer is "Yes", but wondering why you are asking as you would have already had this benefit as a Silver member :confused:

https://www.rssc.com/seven-seas-society/members-benefits/

I guess I didn't realize it was also a silver benefit, since I was in a concierge cabin and just thought the benefit belonged to that status.

TC - I don't recall what benefits were associated with which levels, and when...the one that I know changed a few years ago was the included internet at Silver, then they changed it to Gold (but grandfathered us Silver folks in) and then they gave everyone included internet, but only one login unless you were Gold or grandfathered Silver. Hell, sometimes I don't think Regent knows what benefits are extended to what levels.

As long as they don't ever start taking benefits away, I'm cool. Things like the free bag of laundry are cool, but in the big picture, if you drop $100 or so having laundry done, that's no big deal considering the price of the cruise. Now if it was unlimited laundry for us poor Gold folk, well, I'd like that a bit better. :cool:

TC - I don't recall what benefits were associated with which levels, and when...the one that I know changed a few years ago was the included internet at Silver, then they changed it to Gold (but grandfathered us Silver folks in) and then they gave everyone included internet, but only one login unless you were Gold or grandfathered Silver. Hell, sometimes I don't think Regent knows what benefits are extended to what levels.

As long as they don't ever start taking benefits away, I'm cool. Things like the free bag of laundry are cool, but in the big picture, if you drop $100 or so having laundry done, that's no big deal considering the price of the cruise. Now if it was unlimited laundry for us poor Gold folk, well, I'd like that a bit better. :cool:

As always, I enjoy your posts. I must say that I felt that Gold receiving any laundry was a take-away from those Platinum members that had to sail 200 nights to get included laundry and also was not thrilled when everyone received included internet (even though it is only for one log-on). IMO, included internet for everyone was the start of the horrendous connection issues. Some people seem to think that, since they get it "free", why bother to log off ..... who cares if it causing the internet to slow down, etc. Now that I'm within months of becoming Titanium, I'm hoping that Regent doesn't decide to dilute those benefits as well.

Glad to know that the majority of us don't have the benefits memorized. In terms of early booking that the TS inquired about as long as you set up your account on the Regent website and add your cruise, you will know the exact dates that you can book excursions and make dining reservations.

We are silver level. I just looked at the benefits we are supposed to receive. One of them is a newsletter subscription. Is this something that is accessed online, or is it printed, mailed material? We have never received such a newsletter.

Also, can we have dual log in for the internet since we were grandfathered in?

From reading the previous posts, I guess I'm not the only one confused about benefits.;p Thanks to anyone who can clarify!

We are silver level. I just looked at the benefits we are supposed to receive. One of them is a newsletter subscription. Is this something that is accessed online, or is it printed, mailed material? We have never received such a newsletter.

Also, can we have dual log in for the internet since we were grandfathered in?

From reading the previous posts, I guess I'm not the only one confused about benefits.;p Thanks to anyone who can clarify!

The newsletter for people in North America is fairly new. We have received two issues but it took us contacting Regent to get it. You should have dual log in for the internet - have you both tried logging in?

If you have any questions specific to the Seven Seas Society benefits, contact Jason O'Keefe who is the Manager. His email is jokeefe@rssc.com

For some reason, which I don't understand, I never receive anything in the mail from Regent unless I order a brochure from their website. It seems others are inundated with printed material, but not me! I'd like to receive the newsletter at least!

For some reason, which I don't understand, I never receive anything in the mail from Regent unless I order a brochure from their website. It seems others are inundated with printed material, but not me! I'd like to receive the newsletter at least!

I had this problem for years (really - it was that long). I tried repeatedly to get on the mailing list. I spoke with Jason (O'Keefe) and he told me that I would receive "all or nothing". I opted for all. I am finally receiving mail from Regent. Even if I'm not interested in the particular brochure, I simply put it in the recycling bin - not a problem at all.

Thank you for the email address. I appreciate your help. I will contact Jason.

Our cruise is this October, so we have yet to utilize the internet on board. It would be nice for both of us to be able to log in at the same time.

Thank you for the email address. I appreciate your help. I will contact Jason.

Our cruise is this October, so we have yet to utilize the internet on board. It would be nice for both of us to be able to log in at the same time.

Hoping that he can straighten things out for you:)

Ever since we turned Silver a few years ago we have been able to book our excursions early. That is one of the reasons i suggest to those new to Regent if the excursions are important to them, book concierge level suites to get the benefit of booking excursions early. If we didn't get that benefit we would book concierge because it is important to me that we book excursions as early as possible.

I have a theory that they only send you mail if you have NOT been cruising with them for a while. For a number of years, I was taking at least one Regent cruise per year. Never got a bit of mail from them. My mother went with me on a couple of those cruises. She passed away 5 months after her last cruise. All her mail started coming to me, and I was constantly getting pieces addressed to her for years, even though she obviously was not cruising. But nothing addressed to me.

Well, my last cruise with Regent was in 2012, and about a year or two ago, I started getting mailings from them. Now not a week goes by that I don't get one or two brochures from them. I'm scheduled for a Regent cruise later this year, and another next year. I fully expect to stop getting mailings after that.:D

Its been almost 4 years since we cruised with Regent. You would think they would want to keep us as customers and entice us to come back by including us in their mailings. (We didn't misbehave on our last cruise, honest!! ;p) We'd love to cruise more often with them, but finances don't permit that luxury. :( We are very much looking forward to returning to the Navigator this fall.

There just doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to their mailing list, does there?!

Thanks to all who responded to my questions.