Shore Excursion Credit Question

I'm looking at booking an NCL cruise. I'm an experienced cruiser, but I haven't been on an NCL cruise in decades. I'm looking at the free amenities offer and trying to decide which is best for me. One says you get $50 shore excursion credit per port. The cruise I'm looking at has 6 ports. Can anyone tell me how the credit is applied? I probably won't book a shore excursion at every port. Can I apply $300 to a couple of shore excursions or will I just get $50 off of each one that I choose. Some cruise lines that offer free amenities will just give you the money to use as you wish in the form of OBC. Any chance they would do that? Thanks in advance.

You can book your tours pre-cruise using the special reservations number and pay onboard or book and pay onboard. Tours do sell out, so pre-booking is strongly advised.

You get $50 OBC for each shore excursion you complete. You have to complete a tour to get a $50 credit. If you do not take a tour in a port, you do not get the credit. If you do not take a post-cruise excursion, you will not receive a credit for your disembarkation port. Credits can not be combined. Use or lose at each port.

from what i read, you get the $50 dollar credit after the shore excursion after the fact. like the next day after you completed the tour.

You can book your tours pre-cruise using the special reservations number and pay onboard or book and pay onboard. Tours do sell out, so pre-booking is strongly advised.

You get $50 OBC for each shore excursion you complete. You have to complete a tour to get a $50 credit. If you do not take a tour in a port, you do not get the credit. If you do not take a post-cruise excursion, you will not receive a credit for your disembarkation port. Credits can not be combined. Use or lose at each port.

Thank you so much. That is exactly what I needed to know. Still trying to decide which amenities to choose.

$50 shore excursion credit is per cabin not per person. If you do not take an excursion in one port, it is gone and cannot be applied to other ports. Make sure you compare NCL's pricing with what you can get locally. Also, you may be entitled to a Latitude discount as well. You will have to confirm this once on board to make sure you get the correct pricing on any excursion that you book.

MARAPRINCE

• 3 weeks later...
$50 shore excursion credit is per cabin not per person. If you do not take an excursion in one port, it is gone and cannot be applied to other ports. Make sure you compare NCL's pricing with what you can get locally. Also, you may be entitled to a Latitude discount as well. You will have to confirm this once on board to make sure you get the correct pricing on any excursion that you book.

MARAPRINCE

Thank you for posting about the Lattitude discount as well....I was wondering if I'd be able to get this also.

Thank you for posting about the Lattitude discount as well....I was wondering if I'd be able to get this also.

Yes, you can but it is not always done correctly. We had to go to Guest Services to have the Lattiitude discount applied. Some passengers are able to book on line and have it applied. Others, like me, have to wait until you are on board and have taken the shore excursion to have the LD applied. Best to check your billing once all the shore excursions have been taken to see if you received all the discounts you are entitled to.

MARAPRINCE