Sabatini or Crown Grill ?

nimiq

We recently did a 5 day on the Crown Princess followed by a 7 day on the Regal.

On the Crown, we ate at Sabatini's. The service was very slow and not very good. They had the older menu. The food was just OK. Our orders were all screwed up and the server was just not paying attention. The Crown Grill on the Crown Princess was better but not as good as we had experienced on other Princess ships. The Crab Shack on the Crown was just terrible and it made me say I would never do it again. Lousy service, a kitchen door that was loudly vibrating every time some one went through it and sub par food.

On the Regal Princess, Sabatini's had outstanding service, the new menu, and they proudly display all of their home made pasta right in front. The Crown Grill on Regal was spot on with the excellent service and food that we expect from this venue.

I was surprised at the difference in these dining spots on the 2 ships. Even the buffet on the Crown Princess was just so different from the Regal.......smaller, crowded to navigate, and a lot less of food choices compared to the Regal.

Question about the Crab Shack. My husband likes seafood but I don't. If I were to go there with him is there anything I could eat? Like chicken or pasta dishes without seafood? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

He can eat Crab Shack, you can go to Lido buffet and bring your plate back. They are both on lido.

We had the same situation as OP on a recent cruise ..... Princess chose Sabatini's, as well as a date for us. Sabatini's menu has many items my travel companion avoids because of dietary restrictions.

I talked with the Captain's Circle host(ess) about it and she checked to see if we could get it changed. After speaking with her, I called and was able to get us switched to the Crown Grill on a night of our choosing, which was great because we already know we like the Crown Grill and it offers plenty of choices that my friend is allowed to have.

Is there an upcharge for the Crab Shack and is that avilable every night on Royal?

Jimbo:)

Yes, there is the usual upcharge ( I believe 29pp) and it is available once per cruise. Adverstised in the patter but you can make reservations ahead on the dine line

Hello all,

We just got a free voucher for two to dine at Sabatini but was wondering if it's possible to change it once onboard to the Crown ?

We have done Sabatini before but it's been 10 years but heard it's not as good so that's why I'm looking into trading for Crown.

Should I try to trade it or stay with Sabatini and give it an other go.

Thanks

Sea ya

Eric

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Was not really impressed with either on the Regal. Sea Bass, however was among the best I've had & that was Crown Grill.

Just got off a 10 day trip on Oceania Riviera. That was some of the best food I've ever had on a ship. All the specialty rest.(except Le Reserve)are included in the fare. Having Kobe burgers in the waves pool side grill was pretty damn awesome!

I think it kind of depends on the ship. We did the CG on the Crown last March. We should have done Sabatini's. The CG on the Crown was a terrible experience on an otherwise great cruise.