Counting Disembarkation day as one day of cruise

chubbypiggy

Just curious why Princess called this cruise "16-Days Orient – Far East/Alaska"? It is from 4/27/18 – 5/12/18 (disembarkation on 5/12).

I had 12 cruises with Princess and currently looking at about 8 cruises. Of all those 20 cruises, the total count of the days for the "title" line count from embarkation day to the last full day on the ship. None of them count the day of disembarkation.

For sample, "7 days Southern Caribbean cruise", disembarkation is on day 8. I checked many other cruises on the Princess website and none of them count disembarkation day as one day of the total cruise day count.

But for our Tokyo to Anchorage cruise, we are only on the ship for 15 days (4/27/18 – 5/11/18). We disembark at 5 a.m. on Day 16 (5/12/18). But Princess is calling it a “16-Days Orient…”.

Anyone had been on a Princess cruise that they count your disembarkation day as one day of your cruise?

This is the way they all do it. If you check into a hotel on 4/27 and then check out on 5/12, you will be billed for 16 days. The hotel rules are checkin time is 3 PM and checkout time is 11 AM. The cruise lines, resorts etc all do it this way.

This is the way they all do it. If you check into a hotel on 4/27 and then check out on 5/12, you will be billed for 16 days. The hotel rules are checkin time is 3 PM and checkout time is 11 AM. The cruise lines, resorts etc all do it this way.

I think I'm confused, if I check into a hotel on 4/27 and check out on 4/28 I'm billed for one night. With that reasoning, if I check into a hotel on 4/27 and check out on 5/12 I'm billed for 15 nights (4/27, 28, 29, 30, 5/1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11).

My cruise in August is considered a seven day cruise, not an eight day cruise. It departs on Aug. 13 and returns Aug. 20.

They used to refer to cruises by the number of nights you were on board; a 10 night cruise was just that--you had the cabin for 10 nights and disembarked on the 11th day. But somewhere along the line they started to substitute "days" for "nights" which has caused no end of confusion ever since.

I think I'm confused, if I check into a hotel on 4/27 and check out on 4/28 I'm billed for one night. With that reasoning, if I check into a hotel on 4/27 and check out on 5/12 I'm billed for 15 nights (4/27, 28, 29, 30, 5/1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11).

My cruise in August is considered a seven day cruise, not an eight day cruise. It departs on Aug. 13 and returns Aug. 20.

Hahaha rocket science I say!! You are right! :eek:

Just curious why Princess called this cruise "16-Days Orient – Far East/Alaska"? It is from 4/27/18 – 5/12/18 (disembarkation on 5/12).

I had 12 cruises with Princess and currently looking at about 8 cruises. Of all those 20 cruises, the total count of the days for the "title" line count from embarkation day to the last full day on the ship. None of them count the day of disembarkation.

For sample, "7 days Southern Caribbean cruise", disembarkation is on day 8. I checked many other cruises on the Princess website and none of them count disembarkation day as one day of the total cruise day count.

But for our Tokyo to Anchorage cruise, we are only on the ship for 15 days (4/27/18 – 5/11/18). We disembark at 5 a.m. on Day 16 (5/12/18). But Princess is calling it a “16-Days Orient…”.

Anyone had been on a Princess cruise that they count your disembarkation day as one day of your cruise?

It is a 16 day cruise. You will experience Monday, May 7th twice as you cross the international dateline. You board at say 1pm on April 27th and disembark at say 9am on May 12th which is 4 hours short of a full 16 days.