Computer system glitch

catperson02

I am sailing this July with my daughters. This morning I discovered that for the third time that I was unable to access my cruise personaliser. The reason - it had changed my date of birth to that of my eldest daughter. Now I could happily loose a few years but I definitely do not want to be 18 again! Each time I ring and they reset my date of birth, usually saying that it is because our peninsular numbers have been mixed up. Well once is fair enough but 3 times in 6 months - really? I get the impression that this has never happened before and each time they assure me that it will certainly not happen again. Has anybody else had this issue and, if so, was it ever resolved and how? I found it quite funny the first time but it is wearing very thin now. Thanks

A couple of years ago bits of my address mysteriously got overwritten in CP. I didn't add 2+2 until after my cruise when I got a 'looking forward to your next cruise' email which contained the booking reference (I didn't at the time have a booking so it was quite a surprise). I was then able to deduce that some lazy programming had allowed the system to think that my doppelgänger (same full name and DOB) and I were the same person. P&O were suitably embarrassed when I phoned and pointed out they should have been using customer ID instead of name/DOB as a unique identifier. They seem to have fixed that problem as it hasn't recurred.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This used to happen all the time with my wife and I getting confused as each other.....it meant we used to end up with each others details somehow mixed up, I found the answer for us was to enter all the info individually (dob, name, booking number etc) every time we logged on (overwriting the auto fill) and from then on everything has been fine.clear.png?emoji-fingerscrossed-2012

Many times I have clicked to the cruise personaliser and up comes Cunards and not P&Os...cant only be me surely...all very odd.:confused::)