Best ship for a 5-year old

I'm looking for the best ship for a cruise with a 5-year old; specifically options to do WITH my child (41" tall for any height restrictions like water slides). I see some of the ships have lots of activity options, but not sure which has the most options for a short & tiny 5-year old (rock climbing, zip lining, surfing & high-speed slides won't benefit us but some of the kid-friendly shows and "easy" water slides will). We just returned from a cruise aboard the Grandeur of the seas, and with the exception of swimming in a pool, there was nothing special for us. Don't want to make that mistake again. Thank you for your suggestions!

My DD is 6 and we just recently sailed on Liberty, which she absolutely loved. The best thing for her was the kids water park area. She is very small for her age so she was too small for one of the 2 kids slides, but not the other. But she had a blast. I think that class of ship is good.

My DD is 6 and we just recently sailed on Liberty, which she absolutely loved. The best thing for her was the kids water park area. She is very small for her age so she was too small for one of the 2 kids slides, but not the other. But she had a blast. I think that class of ship is good.

Please note that Liberty is the only Freedom class ship that has the water slides. Freedom and Indy did not get them. So if that interests you, you'd need to consider it out of Galveston.

Any of the Voyageur class ships and upwards in size from there have so many activities. Most have age/weight/height restrictions for certain activities. Rock climbing wall I know is 6 years and up. There are a lot of things with no restriction - ice skating, mini golf, table tennis, shuffleboard - to name a few.

Would suggest deciding on a ship and itinerary and then checking restrictions for specific activity to see what works for you. Information is available on RC website, or just on line by googling.

Liberty for the water park, Adventure I heard is really good.

My kids at 3&5 and now 6&8 absolutely love the Allure. Tons of room and different spaces. That Zoltar machine will be the death of me.

Please note that Liberty is the only Freedom class ship that has the water slides. Freedom and Indy did not get them. So if that interests you, you'd need to consider it out of Galveston.

......and Galveston is probably convenient for Indianapolis. :)

I agree with Liberty. The kids splash zone was AMAZING. Even though my SO and I don't have young children, we would get memorized just watching it all. They have small water slides in the splash zone for young children. I'll bet a kids could spend all day there and never complain.

Oasis class ships.

We're taking our 4 1/2 year old grandson and family on Oasis next March.

There's more to do for them on those ships than most others...and we've been on the Radiance class, Navigator class, Liberty class as well. Adventure Ocean is superb.

I'd vote for Liberty or any Oasis class...

I agree with these options, with Oasis class carrying the slight edge due to the Carousel, games, and small "playground" areas on the Boardwalk (although 5 may be a little old to enjoy the playground areas, depending on interests).