Beverage package question

How do you know when the Beverage package goes on sale? Do I have to keep checking each day? Right now, it is $55. Does that include gratuity? I sure would like to catch it on sale before my January cruise.

Keep checking your cruise planner. Mine is also $55 for our cruise in Jan. plus gratuity. I have read on here that when it goes down, purchase. If it goes down further, cancel and repurchase.

The $55 does not include gratuity.

Keep checking your cruise planner. Mine is also $55 for our cruise in Jan. plus gratuity. I have read on here that when it goes down, purchase. If it goes down further, cancel and repurchase.

The $55 does not include gratuity.

Is a credit card used to purchase, then they refund if canceled? Thanks!

Is a credit card used to purchase, then they refund if canceled? Thanks!

Last year I used credit card when I purchased. I got it for $38 a day. Below is what it says about gratuities and cancelling.

A 18% gratuity charge will be added to each package price listed above.

Please note: Orders cannot be modified once they're added to your shopping cart. To change an order, you'll need to first cancel the order, and then make your purchase(s) again.

I didn't get any notices from RC but just check 'My Cruises' to check on sales. Just purchased drink package for $44 /day (20% off $55) and drink package plus Voom for $55 /day (25% off), for our October cruise.

Last years cruise, we had originally booked drink packages at full price but when I saw the sale called them to switch. Never received any emails then, also.

Edit: gratuity added to above based on $44 /day

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cancelled and re-booked twice on our last cruise due to price drops. As mentioned, just takes a few days for the money to be refunded to your card/account but I was able to re-purchase immediately and all was done through the cruise planner.

In regards to price drops, you just have to keep checking the cruise planner for your sailing. I check every few days, and ours has been $44 for deluxe since we booked a few months ago.

Currently on Sale for 20% off. Per RCI..."Offer applies to new purchases made June 17 - 19, 2017. Discount applies to beverage, internet, dining and spa packages on select sailings departing July 1 - December 15, 2017. Good Luck. My cruise is apparently exempt from the discount. :(((

Our cruise on Anthem next month started out at $60, dropped to $48, dropped again to $39 (we decided to book it at that point) and it has gone back up to $42. So you really do need to check it often, and book it as soon as it is at a price you are willing to spend.

As for e-mails, we are signed up for them and almost never get them. They aren't going to spam - we just hardly ever get them, so I don't count on them.