Vibe Beach Club on the Escape...is it that competitive?

This is the same as the menu on the escape....I got the price wrong for the lobster!

I wonder who makes the Ocean Blue lobster roll on Escape since there isn't an Ocean blue on that ship? Maybe it's from Food Republic. We asked about food in Vibe on Escape and were told there wasn't any. Glad to hear that has changed.

I wonder who makes the Ocean Blue lobster roll on Escape since there isn't an Ocean blue on that ship? Maybe it's from Food Republic. We asked about food in Vibe on Escape and were told there wasn't any. Glad to hear that has changed.

Hmmm I'm not sure, I just assumed they ordered it from the haven. I could be wrong though!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was at first really nervous about trying to secure one until I came to my senses. My DW and I have a spa mini suite so if we need a bit of seclusion we have that. I also really like to chat it up with all different kinds of people throughout the ships different bars so I think if I had vibe I would always be thinking about "getting my moneys worth." and staying there.

It is nice sure and I will still try to get one but if its not meant to be then no sweat I'm still on a fantastic vacation, plus after reading some of the posts made about these passes and the thought of people running and pushing like animals to get this pass disgusts me because we all know someone will get bumped or heaven forbid injured with no apology or remorse and thanks but no thanks I am not that kind of person nor do I associate with those kinds.

Not everyone in VIBE pushed/shoved/ran to get their pass. The vast majority simply walked to get their pass.

Ooooorrrr.... For those of you have haven't read JW and Jerome's account of boarding the escape, it's quite hilarious and beautiful written. The imagery used to portray a grown man waving his arms and loudly hollering to "move out of the way! Coming through! Etc" to get in line for a Vibe pass, you should check it out. Even if I didn't give a rats @ss about getting a Vibe pass, what a great start to a trip to witness that??!??!! [emoji23]

Agree with Adam135

We were on last weeks cruise too and did not get Vibe passes - Took the sundeck 20 stairs on the starboard side several times throughout the week and it was usually EMPTY - the most I saw was 2 people in the tub once.

Why do the priority boarders feel they need to suck up passes when they dont have any intention or need to ever use Vibe??

NCL needs to move to a day pass system for Vibe.

And then there would be a mad rush to purchase it for only on the sea days....NCL sells it out now @ 99.00 for the week, what would you propose they sell it for per day to make additional profit?

Why do the priority boarders feel they need to suck up passes when they dont have any intention or need to ever use Vibe??

Those who get passes all want the same thing that those who don't get passes want. Priority boarding guests aren't sucking up passes any more than those who aren't priority boarding guests.

As for how much time they spend in VIBE, that is for them to decide, not you. Who determines if someone spent "enough" time in VIBE? The pass holder, that's who. If you had access, you might spend more time there than some but less time there than others. Would it be right for someone to tell you that you didn't spend enough time there?

As for "need", nobody actually needs a VIBE pass, a suite, a drink, a specialty dinner, or even a cruise. It's about "want" and if someone wants VIBE access and can get a pass before they sell out, they will.

Day passes are sold when weekly passes don't sell out. Obviously, the chances of getting a day pass are slim.

NCL has had a day pass system for Vibe since the beginning on Breakaway only, but I think they might only do it on winter sailings? Or maybe they've done away with it completely. Since they sell out the weekly passes, there is no reason to offer daily passes. Personally, I love it in there when it's not packed. We had trouble finding a place to lounge on our most recent cruise.

Why do the priority boarders feel they need to suck up passes when they dont have any intention or need to ever use Vibe?
I agree with this. It really does seem like people suck up the passes and then never use them. I also agree to each their own on how they spend their money, but for someone to buy a pass they don't intend to use just to basically block me from being able to buy one, that kind of sucks.

I agree with this. It really does seem like people suck up the passes and then never use them. I also agree to each their own on how they spend their money, but for someone to buy a pass they don't intend to use just to basically block me from being able to buy one, that kind of sucks.

I highly doubt anyone is buying up passes to stop you or anyone else from getting one. I think what happens is that many people buy them and just end up not using them much for various reasons. Maybe it's too hot. Maybe they are sunburnt. Maybe it's too windy. The one time I got Vibe passes, the most people I ever saw in the area was about 6. There was only one group that was consistently there.

...but for someone to buy a pass they don't intend to use just to basically block me from being able to buy one, that kind of sucks.

That is dangerously close to paranoia. :eek:

Do you really think that someone gets a VIBE pass and pays $99 for access just to block you from getting access?

Every ship that has VIBE (or even POSH) also has a TON of other things to do. People aren't more inclined to forgo other aspects of the ship just because they have VIBE access. People with VIBE access will still enjoy the other parts of the ship at their own leisure. They don't have to "prove" that they deserve VIBE access to anyone who didn't get access. The amount of time spent in VIBE shouldn't/doesn't matter to anyone else.

We are on Nov 25 sailing on Escape. I am hoping we get lucky and are able to get the passes. I am thinking about purchasing the SPA passes just in case we are not able to get the Vibe. Which week in November did you cruise?

Hi, we sailed on the getaway from 11/5. Our sailing may not have been as full, not sure. Even though they had 3 passes left, the couple in front of us actually got 2/3. One pass would have been useless for us. So we weren't able to purchase. But we found a really great place one deck above vibe in the way front of ship, which was quiet and shaded. I'm not even sure we will get vibe in the future. When seeing it in person, chairs were completely packed. Umbrellas can't always be used due to wind.

If you try to get the passes, good luck!!!

Yes, we did enjoy a few of those together while I was on the second half of your B2B last summer. Rommel always made a good batch of them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Did we?? Now I am intrigued! Rommel is awesome! Totally worth getting the vibe passes just for him :)

Did we?? Now I am intrigued! Rommel is awesome! Totally worth getting the vibe passes just for him :)

We just missed each other by a week in January since your signature states you were on the week before I was. But you were with the solo group from the other side of the pond. I was the big guy who was happy sitting at the bar enjoying shot o'clock. The only bad thing about the cruise was that it was only 6 days.

Those that know about and thoroughly enjoy participating in shot o'clock, especially the consumption of "mini beers" shots.

No need to spend.$99. Sheesh! . We get mini beers at the atrium bar.They make it every time we're on. We're booked for the 5th time in just a couple of months. All they need is a little liquor 43 and heavy cream.

No need to spend.$99. Sheesh! . We get mini beers at the atrium bar.They make it every time we're on. We're booked for the 5th time in just a couple of months. All they need is a little liquor 43 and heavy cream.

To each their own. You get a sense of camaraderie hanging out with the same people and enjoying adult beverages together on a daily basis. In a kid free atmosphere, relaxing on terry cloth covered padded loungers.

You enjoy your mini beers with your wife and whoever else at the atrium bar, I'll enjoy them with at least a dozen to fifteen of newly found acquaintances at Vibe.

To each their own. You get a sense of camaraderie hanging out with the same people and enjoying adult beverages together on a daily basis. In a kid free atmosphere, relaxing on terry cloth covered padded loungers.

You enjoy your mini beers with your wife and whoever else at the atrium bar, I'll enjoy them with at least a dozen to fifteen of newly found acquaintances at Vibe.

Very true! We had a great group in Oct. Rommel even commented that some weeks are better than others depending on the participation.

You became like family.

What does this mean? Did everyone in Group 1 get a pass? Where were you in the 60 (i.e. how many priority passengers got in front of you)?

We were in group one for boarding. You then need to race everyone up the ramp, down the stairs and over to Headliners. Not everyone in the boarding group is trying for Vibe passes though. We got numbers 46/47. All members of your party must be present before the will hand you the passes. They cut off at about 60 passes on this trip.

Sent from my iPad using Forums