Eclipse current MDR Wine By The Glass Menus

kevinyork

Just off Eclipse. The wine by the glass menus are now separated between the Classic and Premium Packages, one page each, something we hadn't seen before. A good choice overall. The limit on this ex UK sailing was $11 for Classic and $15 Premium as tips are included.

I should add that having upgraded to the Premium package I ordered the Villa Maria and they didn't have it. I saw it the next day in the Oceanview and told the sommelier who got a bottle but that was the only one. I then ordered the other Sauvignon and they didn't have that either and tried to offer me a wine on the Classic Package. I asked to speak to the head sommelier and I expressed my dissatisfaction that I had upgraded to try better wines but they didn't have them and the next night they came up with a Marlborough white that wasn't on the menu that I was happy with. I was just a bit disappointed that they hadn't got two of the white wines on the Premium Package and hadn't thought about substitutions until I prompted them.

The Premium package list on their website also shows a proper champagne ( not the Chandon but the Montaudon Champagne) but some cruise friends told us they didn't have that either. Anyway, ultimately I got something I was happy with despite the initial hiccup.

d68251430cd1ac00647e85035cb60089.jpg

303334743be8135a7f0fe50cc84035ea.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:confused:I wonder if something like this is provided to Blu diners. I think it would be very helpful.

The MDR, Blu, Luminae, the speciality restaurants all have wine lists as does Cellar Masters. There is some variance between them geared toward the type of restaurant, for example Tuscan Grill (Italian Steakhouse) has Chianti on there wine list that isn't on the others wine lists.

If you aren't offered a wine list just ask.

That is good that they now have a Malbec, Pino Noir and Shiraz on the classic package.

If only we could get bottled sodas....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We could get canned sodas on the Classic Package on Eclipse. Seems to be some differences dependent on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk