Enough negativity...what is the BEST thing you have seen a carnival cruiser do?

nchikk

There is a term here that is verboten on CC. But let me just say that the best way to not continue posts that are not on the topic of the thread is to ignore them. Topic resistant oppressive literally laughing sickos just post enough to illicit responses and more questions. We want them to explain themselves and ask them for replies, which only continues the off topic discussion. Don't feed them.

There is a term here that is verboten on CC. But let me just say that the best way to not continue posts that are not on the topic of the thread is to ignore them. Topic resistant oppressive literally laughing sickos just post enough to illicit responses and more questions. We want them to explain themselves and ask them for replies, which only continues the off topic discussion. Don't feed them.

Agree. I've been reporting them since last night. Hopefully they get removed soon. I encourage everyone to do the same.

We were on a carnival excursion in Panama several years ago. We had a bus full of people and stopped at a pretty little town on a bay to see a fort. It was hot...hot...HOT...lol...One of the men in our group found a tiny store that had ice cold orange sodas for ten cents. He came back with his arms full and gave everyone on the bus that wanted one a cold soda. He even made a second trip. I haven't had an orange soda since that tasted that wonderful!

I LOVE this post! Just reinforces the kindness and generosity of some people!

My story of cruiser kindness was from my first cruise with my Mom, so many years ago I won't say (I was a little girl, and I now have grown girls of my own & preparing for my 2nd cruise)

When we were in our cabin we could hear a man constantly coughing, he was obviously very sick. One day up on deck Mom heard him and noticed he seemed to be alone. She ended up befriending him that day and helping him throughout the rest of our cruise, and even met his adult son that was his travelling companion.

Fast forward a year later....that very nice, sick with a bad cold older gentleman became my Grandfather, when my Mom married his son.

Face book group sponsored and organized a Book drive for theschool kids at Dominica. The localparents did their part by making paper flowers and selling them for $1 at theport with the proceeds going to the school. All this was coordinated ahead of Carnival Freedoms arriving inDominica. When we disembarked there werethe flowers and parents. We gladlypurchased a few and went on our own excursion. When we returned to the area out front of the ship they were stillselling the flowers. One of the boardingpassengers shunned the lady selling the flowers, thought it was a hoax. My DW jumped in and tried to clarify theprogram to help make another sale. To noavail the original buyer walked away the DW purchased another flower and gaveit to the not so well off who couldn’t afford a $1 for a good cause. My hat is off to the FB group and the DW for her little help.

My husband and I are Canadian and in our fifties. We met two nice young American men in their twenties recently out of the service. We talked to them for a couple of hours. That evening they happened to be seated near us in the dining room, they sent over drinks to my husband and I. It made our day! We did reciprocate the following evening. They were such mannerly kind young men. Their Mommas should be proud. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are also on the wrong thread.

Not sure why you think I should not be participating in this thread. I gave an honest answer. THe best thing I have seen is people acting appropriately - I personally have not observed any extraordinary kindness from passengers. The crew is a different story however. In what world is this NOT a valid answer to the OPs post????

I find this thread interesting because what many people are citing as extraordinary I believed to be common manners - like the injured girl on the tender. If someone had attempted to exit before her I would have said very loudly to my children that we would be waiting to make sure she was taken care of first.

We were on a carnival excursion in Panama several years ago. We had a bus full of people and stopped at a pretty little town on a bay to see a fort. It was hot...hot...HOT...lol...One of the men in our group found a tiny store that had ice cold orange sodas for ten cents. He came back with his arms full and gave everyone on the bus that wanted one a cold soda. He even made a second trip. I haven't had an orange soda since that tasted that wonderful!

Love this!

My story of cruiser kindness was from my first cruise with my Mom, so many years ago I won't say (I was a little girl, and I now have grown girls of my own & preparing for my 2nd cruise)

When we were in our cabin we could hear a man constantly coughing, he was obviously very sick. One day up on deck Mom heard him and noticed he seemed to be alone. She ended up befriending him that day and helping him throughout the rest of our cruise, and even met his adult son that was his travelling companion.

Fast forward a year later....that very nice, sick with a bad cold older gentleman became my Grandfather, when my Mom married his son.

WOW!! Very Cool

I have observed a lot more kindness than unkindness on my six Carnival cruises, but a few instances stand out.

One was the very kind woman who allowed myself and a friend to invade/share her clamshell on Half Moon Cay during an unexpected downpour. A small thing, perhaps, but it was very much appreciated in the moment!

Another was the wonderful older couple who were part of my table last spring on the Elation. They were celebrating an anniversary on the trip. One night, they ordered champagne for the table. Nothing special about that maybe, but the gentleman insisted on refilling every glass that became more than half empty himself "because a lady should never have to pour her own champagne". So kind and charming.

My other highlight is less specific but...All the wonderful friends I have made on my cruises, many of whom I am still in regular contact with years later. I've even traveled t stay with some of my cruise friends, well after the date of our cruise. I can't imagine my life without the friendships that have been formed on Carnival cruises.

We were on the Liberty a few years back. Sitting at the Alchemy Bar and the magician came and did some great magic for us. We thanked him, my husband tipped him and he was on his way. Came back the next night, did some more tricks that were great. My husband tried to tip him again, but he wouldn't take it. Said we tip yesterday so no need to tip him again. A man who works for tips turning one down because he just likes his job that much.

My granddaughter was around 5 at the time and she saw a woman knitting near the coffee shop. She asked what the woman was doing so I explained that she was making a scarf. My granddaughter was fascinated with her knitting and watched for a few minutes. The woman was Italian and spoke limited English but was kind and showed my granddaughter what she was doing. I thanked her for taking the time to show my granddaughter her knitting. The next day we saw her again by the coffee shop and she held out the beautiful scarf she had been making the day before and gave it to my granddaughter. She said that my granddaughter had been so sweet to show interest in her knitting that she wanted her to have the scarf. My granddaughter is almost 10 now and still has that scarf.

I didn't personally SEE this action, but this is my story of the best of a Carnival cruiser:

On embarkation day on the Freedom a few years ago, I took off a ring to put on sunscreen. I put the ring in my pocket and promptly forgot about it. A couple hours later, I remembered it, put my hand in my pocket, and it was gone. It was my engagement diamond which I had reset in a custom design after my divorce. (Diamonds are forever, even if the men aren’t. :p) We had been all over the ship by the time I realized it was gone, so there was no way to retrace our steps. It may have even ended up in the trash, as at one point I had some tissues in my pocket that were later tossed in a trash can.

I stopped by guest services on that busy embarkation day, told my tale of woe and described the ring. The woman I spoke to went into a back office and came back with my ring, carefully wrapped in tissue. I was amazed that it had been found at all and so grateful that an honest person found it and turned it in to guest serices.

There was an older gentleman cruising with his family on our most recent cruise. He carried balloons with him everywhere, and would make balloon animals for all of the kids while we waited for the elevator, or in line for food. It was really sweet, and every kid that I saw with a balloon animal (my son included) was so happy to have them. It was a little thing that spread so much joy.

On one cruise, everyday there was a very nice lady all by herself by the pool area crafting angels. She would occasionally stop someone and ask if they would like to pick an angel from the ones she had just made. It was very nice of her as it never hurts to have an angel near by and it was also a great way to start a conversation with someone new. It seemed she gave a lot of angels away as the whole week you would hear people say hi to her or remark "look its the angel lady". My granddaughter still has the one she gave her and that was years ago.

Our very first cruise (too many years ago to admit to!) and my 14 YO daughter was being a typical teenager- 4 days in a cabin and she didn't speak one word to me!!! (mad because I wouldn't buy her TWO bathing suits in Freeport- mean mom that I am I made her pick ONE of her favorites)... this is all just a setup for the greatest thing that I ever saw on a cruise ship.

She was a very picky eater at the time, but each meal in the MDR, our waiter Hamdi (I still remember his name 25+ years later!) fussed over DD and had her giggling, acting human, speaking in complete sentences and even eating different foods! Things she would never ever try at home! But she liked certain dishes, and he'd always promise to have her favorite replacement dish there 'in less than 2 seconds' if she would just try this, or that... and she did! Some she liked, others not, but it made meals an adventure instead of a chore! I LOVED Hamdi and made sure he got a larger tip than I could really afford at the end of the cruise!

BTW DD is now 40, and has the son she deserves! He's a mini-me around her- a complete mirror of what she was like as a child! I tell her she got the child she deserved! Of course, he's a perfect angel around grandma!!!

That is Hilarious! I always secretly hope my daughter gets one just like her too. Ha!

My daughter and I spent the day at 7 Mile Beach in Grand Cayman. We took a taxi back to the port. Since the lines were still pretty long, we browsed through the shops. I found an item I wanted to purchase. I searched through my beach bag for my wallet and could not find it. Last place I had it was in the taxi when I took the cash out to pay the driver. It dawned on me that I must have left it on the seat in the mini van! :eek: The wallet had all of my cash, both credit cards that I had brought with me on the cruise, my ship card and my ID!!

I was panicking!!!

When I got up to the security line and frantically told them I was on the Breeze (there were quite a few ships in port that day) and explained the story, they pulled out the ships roster and scrolled down til they found my name and asked my cabin number and a couple of other questions and let me onboard. So, now I don't have a dime to my name nor do I have any ID to get off the ship at our next 2 ports. MY cruise is ruined at this point and I'm not sure what's going to happen when we get home and how I'm going to get through customs!

My first priority once onboard was to call my credit card companies and cancel my cards.

About 20 minutes after that I get a phone call in my cabin from the desk. Security brought my wallet onboard. Someone from one of the ships found my wallet and turned it in to Carnival's security team at the port!

How awesome is that!! Still have wonderful people in this world!!

Two years ago on the Miracle, my husband and I were watching the Hasbro Game Show. An adult ultimately ended up winning the Hasbro game prize pack, but he gave it to the kid he competed against. The kid was so stoked about the prize pack.

I liked the man on a 4 day cruise aboard the Inspiration who always made time to call out a hello or chat with a woman on a scooter who seemed to be traveling solo. Her face would light up with a big smile when this man would call to her: "hello there, you little rascal." The interplay was fun to see and her sense of humor over driving a rascal was refreshing.

We were at an adult comedy show and the phone started ringing. It kind of distracted the comedian but he just made a joke about it and moved on. Then it rang again, and this older lady walked over, grabbed the phone, and shouted in a thick New York accent, "We're trying to have a %@#$ show over here!" and then hung up. Everybody laughed and the comedian made jokes about it throughout his show.

On one of our cruises, three people at different days and areas of the boat went down. One passed out and two with seizures. All three times people came to aid them while someone else went to get assistance from the staff. Once the lady helping happened to be a nurse. Although it was great to see everyone helping these people, I secretly wondered if the air we were breathing was being piped in making people drop like flies as it 's a big boat and if we personally witnessed three how many more had happened (none of these people were drunk either).

There are always nice people on every cruise. Particularly memorable for me are:

The older Canadian gentleman and his wife on the Spirit in 2002. This gentleman bore a striking resemblance to Richard Farnsworth, the actor who played Mathew on Anne of Green Gables. My wife pointed this out to him and every time we saw them they would stop and talk with us. At debarkation we saw them and they asked to take pictures with us.

On the Conquest in 2007 I met an elderly gentleman with a slight accent. He carried himself with a certain quiet dignity. While speaking with him I discovered that he had been a Dutch submarine officer in WW2. I chose not to ask about the war as he did not initiate the conversation, but genuinely enjoyed hearing his other life experiences.

I think it was on the Valor in 2012 where we met a woman and her somewhat older husband. They were Australian. They sat with us at lunch in the MDR. I immediately knew the gentleman had a cognitive disability. She told us that he had Alzheimers and they were doing one last cruise together while he was still well enough. I saw them several times. She was always holding his hand.

And one thing about the staff. I am the LAST person you would look at and think "there's a guy that speaks fluent Spanish." On my last cruise I observed a drunk passenger be rude to a waiter on the Lido deck. It was late, well after dark. Place was mostly empty. Both of the waiters were from Honduras. After the drunk wandered off I expected them to share some sharp comments. Instead, one of them said to the other "Do you think he can make it back to his cabin safely? Should I notify security?" And they did.

• 1 month later...
Positive things about Carnival is that it is a party ship. If you want to enter the ship with a beer in hand and have the ability to have your kids run around the ship at well, then it is the cruise for you. However, not for me.
How is this adding anything to the op's question. Been on carnival and royal, seen more questionable behavior on royal. Wont stop me from cruising. I guess if you are looking for problems you will find them.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk