Questions about cruise insurance

Bandman45

And, as you learned, it can matter a LOT whether one complies with all requirements.

The claim might not be paid.

That, of course, is the relevent part of your post.

Cost us well over a grand in airfares by not having disclosed the pre-existing.

That, of course, is the relevent part of your post.

Cost us well over a grand in airfares by not having disclosed the pre-existing.

Not quite.

The relevant part was that what you described was NOT in fact relevant for "any" travel insurance, which is what you had written.

For those in other jurisdictions, there would have been NO LOSS at all in this situation.

(We've been in that situation, with a few PAID claims, where we did not mention any medical conditions "up front", even though these conditions might have been related to the claim. All that mattered was that we had insured within the necessary "window", such that pre-existing conditions were not excluded. Hence, no need for "disclosure" of said conditions, prior to taking out the policy, and also no such disclosure was necessary when making the claim. And no medical histories were requested by the insurer.)

Again, it is policy-specific, which is also often affected by jurisdiction along with company specific requirements.

To me the most important aspect of insurance is an unforeseen medical event. Even though my health insurance covers $50,000 overseas, I want to make sure I can be evacuated. Personally, if I lose the price of the cruise I am not happy, but I can lose any equal amount on investments. I underinsured the price of the cruise which will still provide all the medical benefits and some reembursement should something happen.

But you are describing legalities of insurance coverage (or denials), without mentioning that it is location specific, as though it applies to "any" (your wording) insurance.

Oh, don't be so silly.

It is commonsense that everyone only posts from the basis of their own experience. We all understand that - except the pedants. I post on the basis of my knowledge of travel insurance here. I have no knowledge of travel insurance in the world's other 194 countries.

To me the most important aspect of insurance is an unforeseen medical event. Even though my health insurance covers $50,000 overseas, I want to make sure I can be evacuated. Personally, if I lose the price of the cruise I am not happy, but I can lose any equal amount on investments. I underinsured the price of the cruise which will still provide all the medical benefits and some reembursement should something happen.

Did you check your policy to see if it will still cover you if you don't cover the full, actual cost of your cruise? I thought I had read in at least one of my policies sometime that if I didn't cover the full trip amount paid, they would not pay the claim. That's something I believe I will check with my agent to clarify.

Indeed. As I understand it, that is a choice not a board requirement.

JMO

Listing your Country of residence or citizenship just makes answering questions more appropriate to that region

This is an International forum so one answer or question does not fit all Regions

It would have cut down on the argument here about what is required to be disclosed

Just saying

JMO

Listing your Country of residence or citizenship just makes answering questions more appropriate to that region

This is an International forum so one answer or question does not fit all Regions

It would have cut down on the argument here about what is required to be disclosed

Just saying

Particularly when you have quite happily said you were a Brit on another thread ;):evilsmile: