Riveira Deck 10 v Deck 11

MikeLikesBoats

Hello everybody! I'm taking my first cruise in a few weeks, Rustic Charms on the Riviera from Monte Carlo to Barcelona (August 13-22). I am strongly considering a concierge level upgrade, from our current Deck 7 veranda to a Deck 10 or Deck 11 concierge veranda. Deck 10 seems to include more, smaller rooms; Deck 11, mostly suites.

I know the question of concierge v. normal veranda has been covered elsewhere, but thoughts are welcome. More specifically, though, I am wondering if anyone has any advice regarding the choice between deck 10 and deck 11, both aft, on the Riviera.

Thanks very much, have a great day!

"A " cabins are the same size as the B's on deck 7

some of the B cabins have extended balconies

Not sure what your question is really?

If you want the perks included with the Concierge cabins then go for it

some do not see the value in the higher price point

it is a personal choice when it comes right down to it

Pick what works best for you

JMO

Thanks for your reply! Tracking the rooms being the same and personal choice aspect... my specific question is whether folks have stayed on decks 10 v. 11 and noticed any difference in the experience, whether due to 82 rooms on Deck 11 v 109 on Deck 10 (v. 142 on Deck 7, where I'm moving from), or any other factors.

Being new to cruises, I figure there's a lot I can't pick up from reviewing specs and the Oceania website. Thanks again!

Deck 11 is under public spaces so may have some noise factor involved

we usually are on Deck 9 when we have an A cabin

Maybe less passenger using the hallway on deck 11 if that is your concern

Maybe someone will have the answer I am obviously too thick to understand the question

good luck

The biggest difference is that deck 10 cabins only have cabins above them and deck 11 have some public places above them (pool, Terrace).

Depending on where on deck 11 you are you may be impacted by noise from above. Also, I believe there is a difference in shading of balconies between the two decks but I am not sure about that.

Thanks to all - this is already very helpful b/c I hadn't given any thought to the noise. Room 11067 is the one we're considering, it's one of the 2 that were apparently switched from A2 to A1 at one point. There are eight suites behind it (aft), but I think it does sit beneath Terrace, if not the outdoor seating area of it. Hmm.

I don't think this should be a problem. The cabin is below the starboard entrance area to the Terrace with only a few tables in that area that do not get moved/dragged (unlike pool furniture or outdoor dining chairs/tables).

I don't think this should be a problem. The cabin is below the starboard entrance area to the Terrace with only a few tables in that area that do not get moved/dragged (unlike pool furniture or outdoor dining chairs/tables).

I've been trying to line that up myself... thanks, that's incredibly helpful!! :)

I've been trying to line that up myself... thanks, that's incredibly helpful!! :)

Look at the location of aft elevators on the deck plan. 11067 is definitely aft of them - thus just under the Terrace Café entrance (not under Waves)

Look at the location of aft elevators on the deck plan. 11067 is definitely aft of them - thus just under the Terrace Café (not Waves)

Sorry your message got cut off in the email I read it in -- I see that your point was not concern over elevators but helping me to geolocate (y)

I am wondering if anyone has any advice regarding the choice between deck 10 and deck 11, both aft, on the Riviera.
175406.jpg

The Pool Deck (12) has a significant overhang, often shading the Deck 11 verandas. Photographers dislike the overhang, as well.

x_061836.jpg

Huh, that's significant. Understanding that there's a lot of personal preference involved, is your sense that the overhang is significant enough to detract from the experience? I don't mind there being a photography impact as long as it doesn't make the veranda seem dark or small (this being a concierge veranda and not a suite). I could see it being anything from claustrophobic to a benefit (in terms of shade)... again, just curious how you experienced it, I know there's probably no definitive right/wrong answer here. Thanks very much for the feedback!

I was just in cabin 11071 on the Marina this month (June 2017). The noise from above was quite annoying. Between 10 and 11 pm and between 4 and 6 am there were chairs and tables scraping loudly. I notified reception four times. The next day it would be quiet, then it would begin again. I was on the Regatta in a cabin beneath Waves and there was no noise. I would not book a cabin in that area on the Marina or Riviera.

I could see it being anything from claustrophobic to a benefit (in terms of shade)..
All depends on how you use your veranda-

106f30e8be8ba2fef04fc770982b3bc5--swim-caps-bathing-caps.jpg

If you're a sun bather who wants to basque in privacy, it is a disaster

051d84cda2d19ffe10bc8b38508d1357.jpg

If you plan on enjoying a smart cocktail on your veranda, just after dressing for dinner, the overhang could be a godsend on a late, sunny afternoon. :D

As you are looking at a concierge level cabin, you might also want to consider that the Concierge Lounge is on Deck 9. While many would say that they don't use the lounge much I think that may be a function of how far away it is from one's cabin. When we have had Concierge Cabins on Deck 9 or even Deck 10 I found it to be a nice place to go to read the paper and/or interact with the Concierge or fellow guests.

To all posts since yesterday -- thank you so much. Twiga, having the (adjacent) cabin-specific feedback was instrumental in making my decision. Mark and S&J, thanks for the overhang feedback as well. Putting together the possible noise issues and the potential annoyance of the overhang, I moved us to 10109, which others on the forum have spoken highly of as nicely out of the way directly adjacent to the OS (with a good near-corner view to match).

This forum is wonderful; experience-wise I don't have much to contribute at this time, but I will post specific feedback after we return in hopes that the information I provide will be as helpful to others as yours has been to me. THANK YOU ALL.

And now, back to planning my trip! :)

Hello everybody! I'm taking my first cruise in a few weeks, Rustic Charms on the Riviera from Monte Carlo to Barcelona (August 13-22). I am strongly considering a concierge level upgrade, from our current Deck 7 veranda to a Deck 10 or Deck 11 concierge veranda. Deck 10 seems to include more, smaller rooms; Deck 11, mostly suites.

I know the question of concierge v. normal veranda has been covered elsewhere, but thoughts are welcome. More specifically, though, I am wondering if anyone has any advice regarding the choice between deck 10 and deck 11, both aft, on the Riviera.

Thanks very much, have a great day!

We are on the same cruise, however, we begin in Athens. Let us know if you want to join us in private tours. Email at drsight@hotmail. Com. Les and candy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This thread has me worried. We just booked and the Oceania rep. recommended we take a room on Deck 11, even though the Veranda Concierge lounge is 3 decks below. She did not say anything about issues with the overhang, or noise. We will be in 11042, which is mid-ship. Is the noise and overhang in this area annoying enough to move down a deck or two?

This thread has me worried. We just booked and the Oceania rep. recommended we take a room on Deck 11, even though the Veranda Concierge lounge is 3 decks below. She did not say anything about issues with the overhang, or noise. We will be in 11042, which is mid-ship. Is the noise and overhang in this area annoying enough to move down a deck or two?

You have plenty of feedback from this thread to help you make a decision based on what's important to you.

Are you looking for someone to confirm that you made the right choice? You need to decide for yourself.

We are on the same cruise, however, we begin in Athens. Let us know if you want to join us in private tours. Email at drsight@hotmail. Com. Les and candy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Les, that's such a nice offer, thank you! I am told that my significant other has more or less planned out our itinerary already, otherwise I would take you up on it (but I hope to see you on the ship!). -Mike

We've been in cabins 11046 & 11048 and with the possible exception of hearing the automatic door opening in the morning when deck crew move furniture (door opening & closing) noise has not been an issue. The overhang issue isn't one with us. We prefer shade to bright sun coming into the stateroom during the day. If the sun is not positioned for sunbathing on your veranda there is always the pool deck and lounge chairs positioned on the deck above.

JMBobB

Sent from my iPad using Forums