Booked Adjoining Room Cabins on Oasis for May 2018. Just logged in. They've moved me

:mad:

I got my perfect cabin. Adjoining rooms on Deck 14 right where I wanted to be. Just logged in to check my balance and see they've moved me to the very farthest aft cabin on Deck 10. I'm not happy...

Am calling RCI to see what's going on.

Anything in contract saying they can move you? What's the purpose of picking your cabin only to be moved?

They can move you, but it usually does not happen. Is it possible you had automatic upgrade selected and they "upgraded" you? Or were you in a stateroom for three people and are only two guests?

No, I booked two adults and two kids in a cabin for four and two adults in the adjoining cabin. Was VERY happy with what I had. Will report back once i get someone on the phone.

I am looking forward to reading what they say. :(

Looking forward to finding out why hey did that. We usually book connecting cabins as well and unless its a suite upgrade I would not want to be moved since we're already in an ocean balcony

CRISIS AVERTED.... thankfully!

Just got off the phone with an RCI rep. Very friendly, appologetic, and helpful. Long story short, she said it had to be some sort of human error.

We booked two seperate reservations but linked them together. Adjoining rooms. The other room hadn't been moved but my room was moved two decks down to the aft of the ship for no reason she could come up with.

(She joked and said she put a DO NOT MOVE statement in my notes (unless of course it was to a Loft Suite! Ha)

The only thing she saw was that I had called in a few weeks ago (and I did) to inquire about the Deck 14 adjoining rooms and if there was any obstruction noted. I still don't know the answer to it, but for those Oasis geeks out there I'm seeing LARGE METAL supports that seem to split some cabins at the balcony so you instead of having a clear divider you can open you would have a metal wall that you can't move.

I read a review somewhere that two guys had rooms on the port side that were connecting rooms on the inside but had a metal wall out on the balcony. Not ideal for rooms that WANT to be together.

Either way, I'm glad I logged in to check before my preferred cabin got occupied by someone else.

As she said.... she was happy she was able to "save" someone today.

Glad it worked out and good thing you were diligent and just happened to login and notice this cabin change. I think for most people it would have gone unnoticed until boarding or online checkin.

Thank you. I joked that i was glad I saw it here and not at the pier. I would have been livid. But who am I kidding.... i'm pretty sure I would have caught it before then. But yes, I'm just glad someone else didn't book "my" room.

Now to figure out about those dividers!