Window suites disappeared as an option to book on future Golden Princess cruises!

FunforGin

I've been looking at cruises available on Golden Princess scheduled for late 2017, early 2018. I'm interested in the window suites; however when I choose 'suite' in 'select a room' window suite no longer shows as an option to book. It seems to have disappeared completely!

This has only happened since updates were made to website.

Does anyone know what is going on? :(

I did a dummy booking for 2/11/18 on the Golden, just chosen at random based on your post, and the WS were available. Four of them, in fact.

What booking are you having trouble finding them for?

For whatever reason, the Window Suite pricing and availability doesn't show until you select the "I'll choose my own" option. If you select "Choose for me" Princess does not select a WS. The seven WS do sell out quickly and might not be available on a given cruise.

These are the ones I was looking at:

14 Days New Caledonia & Vanuatu

Roundtrip from Melbourne, Australia | Saturday, Feb 24, 2018

15 Days Papua New Guinea & South Pacific

Roundtrip from Sydney, Australia | Wednesday, Sep 6, 2017

14 Days Fiji & South Pacific

Roundtrip from Sydney, Australia | Wednesday, Nov 1, 2017

All of them show a drop down list of all suite types, except window suites. I'm using an android tablet and I would love to know for sure that the only reason the window suites aren't showing available is because they're all booked, not because changes to website are causing problems for android tablets....does that make sense?

The only reason I'm questioning this is that I'm pretty sure lots of suites were available on all three cruises up until about two weeks ago? They were certainly showing available for all three cruises:(

All of them show a drop down list of all suite types, except window suites. I'm using an android tablet and I would love to know for sure that the only reason the window suites aren't showing available is because they're all booked, not because changes to website are causing problems for android tablets....does that make sense?

The only reason I'm questioning this is that I'm pretty sure lots of suites were available on all three cruises up until about two weeks ago? They were certainly showing available for all three cruises:(

I chose the last cruise and there are 2 Window Suites available , 303 and 305. But I'm in the US, so perhaps there's a website glitch that keeps you from seeing them. I would call Princess.

Funforgin, the Suites with a Window are showing up on an online OZ site;) for the Feb and Nov cruises you state above......but not the September one. They are also showing for our cruise, September 21......come join us!!!

If you are booking direct with Princess I would contact them and state they are showing on other TA sites.

Good luck.....just to add I cannot find the window suites on Princess, I am on a PC and in Australia.

Edited by cheznandy

hey Cheznandy, good to know; I had another go and still can't see window suites available on the 14 days Fiji and South Pacific. So, its not just an android problem, if an Aussie can't see them on a PC either:) Will call Princess!

I chose the last cruise and there are 2 Window Suites available , 303 and 305. But I'm in the US, so perhaps there's a website glitch that keeps you from seeing them. I would call Princess.

It appears the window suites have dropped off the new version of the AU Princess site, I checked for both the Golden and the Grand in 2018 and 2019 and there are no window suites listed. Guess you will have to ring, wait until they fix the site or book through a TA.

It appears the window suites have dropped off the new version of the AU Princess site, I checked for both the Golden and the Grand in 2018 and 2019 and there are no window suites listed. Guess you will have to ring, wait until they fix the site or book through a TA.
Did you select the "I'll choose my own option?"

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did you select the "I'll choose my own option?"

Yes I did, however with the new version of the site you can only select one category ie Vista and it marks the rest of the ship as N/A. It doesn't give you all of the suites as it did before on the single ship layout.

Yes I did, however with the new version of the site you can only select one category ie Vista and it marks the rest of the ship as N/A. It doesn't give you all of the suites as it did before on the single ship layout.
It appears to be the same for me. When I select choose my own it lets me select one category of suite only but WS do show up as an option. I don't ever remember being able to see all suites at once.

Yeah, I know what womble99 is saying. Previously if I was looking for a Vista suite, you could still see all other suites available. But the upgraded website now filters out all other suite categories other than the category you have selected.

I can understand the logic of that, but there's clearly a glitch somewhere when one grade of suite doesn't show in the list that you can choose from.

Hopefully Princess will get this fixed quickly:)

Actually I can't see the logic behind that change. It makes it very difficult for people to compare the locations and layouts of the various suites.

It's not like there are hundreds of suites on each ship so why have different booking categories for each suite type? It's crazy!

• 2 weeks later...