Payment using credit card

tfg

Do I choose a or b for my on board expenses with a uk credit card pls

Choose the option that indicates they charge the credit card in USD and your bank or credit card company will do the conversion. The ship's conversion will not be to your benefit.

Choose the option that indicates they charge the credit card in USD and your bank or credit card company will do the conversion. The ship's conversion will not be to your benefit.

Also make sure your card does not charge 3% foreign currency conversion fee because it might be cheaper letting RC do the conversion to pounds if you ask what rate they are using.

Does not matter which you tick, they take no notice.

Have to phone every time to rectify.

This does get reported here often. It's a good idea to confirm the selected preference with Guest Services once on board.

You should always do the ships currency. On your credit card statement there should be noted somewhere what foreign transaction fee is. Mine is 1.7% which is still cheaper than the ship.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Doesn't seem to make any difference as they will do the conversion and when you complain they tell you that they can't reverse it. I understand that sounds negative but twice I checked with guest services and both times I was told my credit card company would do it but no!

Paying in ships currency is definitely the way to go, no matter what conversion fee you are charged it will still be cheaper.

Be aware even if you let them do the conversion you still might be charged the foreign transaction fee by your credit card. I know this from sometime when I accidently hit the wrong button on the machine when making a purchase.

As for RCI ignoring your choice, well I´ve read about t on CC, but in over 40 cruises it has never happened to me that they got it wrong.

Does not matter which you tick, they take no notice.

Have to phone every time to rectify.

This does get reported here often. It's a good idea to confirm the selected preference with Guest Services once on board.

I use a CA$ cc and find that RCI continually ignores my selection. I now make a photocopy of the set sail document with my selection clearly showing. When I check in I make a point of my choice to the agent. First day aboard I go to customer service and have them verify the setting. I take the photocopy since I have sometimes been told that I should have made the desired choice before check-in. On the last night I check the bill and usually end up having to go to customer service. I have on occasion had to complain to my cc company. Which is where the photocopy comes in handy.

I use a CA$ cc and find that RCI continually ignores my selection. I now make a photocopy of the set sail document with my selection clearly showing. When I check in I make a point of my choice to the agent. First day aboard I go to customer service and have them verify the setting. I take the photocopy since I have sometimes been told that I should have made the desired choice before check-in. On the last night I check the bill and usually end up having to go to customer service. I have on occasion had to complain to my cc company. Which is where the photocopy comes in handy.

Do you check the bill on the interactive TV? I did not realize that this showed the conversion preference.

My memory is a bit iffy on this. I do recall checking hardcopy.

Maybe you had asked for a printout of your onboard account. I typically do that a couple of times during the cruise on those ships that have no interactive TV display.