Swimming on an Alaskan cruise

We are cruising Carnival Legend August 28, 2017 and I wondering if the cover over the pool will allow us to swim? We have been on the Legend before, and saw the cover on the pool and were wondering if the cover will be utilized for swimming while we are at sea.

Thanks in advance for any information.

We are cruising Carnival Legend August 28, 2017 and I wondering if the cover over the pool will allow us to swim? We have been on the Legend before, and saw the cover on the pool and were wondering if the cover will be utilized for swimming while we are at sea.

Thanks in advance for any information.

It may be too cold to swim. Alaska cruises are really not for people that enjoy the pool and the warm sunny weather, it's usually chilly and cloudy and gloomy.

It may be too cold to swim. Alaska cruises are really not for people that enjoy the pool and the warm sunny weather, it's usually chilly and cloudy and gloomy.

Maybe you haven't been on an Alaska cruise then. We were on the Miracle for our Alaskan Cruise in 2014. They had the cover over the pool most of the time and this was second week in June. Adults and lots of kids were swimming most every day.

We were on the June 1 cruise last year on The Legend. I can not imagine swimming as it was too cold. They had the top down over the pool but still. Sure the weather varies.

When we were there it was cold. Sometimes very cold.

We were there in July last year, and there were only a few kids using the pool on some days. Most of the time it was pretty chilly, even with the roof closed. I was in the hot tub on the day we left from Seattle, but that was it for me. I think my son used the hot tub one other day. When we did hang on that deck, the pool just wasn't used that much. But again, the weather is extremely varied. My parents were there in early May, for Mother's Day, and while they don't swim in the pool usually, she was sitting in her swimsuit on the top deck it was so warm and sunny out.