Special Items to Pack to Make the Week Better

Yes, as I stated, we had one in the shower but that would have been a pain to use (and I think it would have taken much longer for our things to dry in the bathroom) plus it wasn't long enough for our wet stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

whoops. Didn't read the last sentence. sorry. :D

Soft, cushy toilet paper! Hate that stuff that shreds and pills and leaves debris behind on the behind!:D

Horrible idea....the ships fragile septic system is not able to handle that type of toilet paper. That is why you can't flush Wet Ones! They provide toilet paper that they can process and that greased up paper just clogs!

I seem to recall the toilet paper debate coming up quite a bit in the past and chengkp75 saying that regular toilet paper will not clog the system. However, wet wipes must not be flushed because they are too thick and will get stuck. It has to do with the type of material. I was surprised because I also believed this urban legend.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=44253631

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2389614

Edited by firemanbobswife

On the Sunshine Xmas 2013, we talked to a lady claimed she had her TP taken at embarkation. Not sure if she was kidding or not because I've seen people carrying it at check-in on every cruise since. I teach classes in prisons sometimes and they seem to have the same supplier as the cruise lines I've been on. That being said, there are few things that I think look as classless as the people hauling their plush TP around at check-in.

I bring a coupon organizer for my sail and sign receipts. I cover the grocery categories up with stickers listing the days of the week. That way I can track the charges easily in case of a discrepancy or to keep track of my daily spending.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Forums mobile app

A great idea. Never thought of that. Found a couple discrepancies on my last cruise.

A reusable water bottle to fill up to use around the ship and at ports (A small cooler would also be another great idea!).

Power strip, I don't know if this is frowned upon or not? Some of the older ships I have been on have one outlet in the whole room!

A watch, it's great to keep track of time without cell phones, especially when at the beach.

Baggies (to take some sand home :-) )

My own soft blanket

A sweatshirt! I always freeze everywhere on the ship!

A wristlet or clutch (to keep your cruise card, phone/camera, chapstick)

A small bag to take to port/the beach or even around the ship to put your book and goodies in

Snacks! I love to snack, especially while on the beach, this will save you a ton of money!

Cash, cash, cash, I never bring enough cash, and then you get in a pinch when in a taxi or at port.

A reusable water bottle to fill up to use around the ship and at ports (A small cooler would also be another great idea!).

Power strip, I don't know if this is frowned upon or not? Some of the older ships I have been on have one outlet in the whole room!

A watch, it's great to keep track of time without cell phones, especially when at the beach.

Baggies (to take some sand home :-) )

My own soft blanket

A sweatshirt! I always freeze everywhere on the ship!

A wristlet or clutch (to keep your cruise card, phone/camera, chapstick)

A small bag to take to port/the beach or even around the ship to put your book and goodies in

Snacks! I love to snack, especially while on the beach, this will save you a ton of money!

Cash, cash, cash, I never bring enough cash, and then you get in a pinch when in a taxi or at port.

Great ideas... I'm starting packing today. We leave Sunday:D

Someone mentioned cards and games. I always travel with my Scrabble game and a Scrabble dictionary. On at-sea days, I set up my board and wait for someone to come along and express an interest in playing. I've thought about making a little table tent sign to invite people to play.