Wonder Where Hawaiidan Went?

I"m pretty sure he had an Alaska cruise around this time, I think maybe a B2B or more. He usually doesn't post while on a cruise.

I'm sure he'll be back.

I"m pretty sure he had an Alaska cruise around this time, I think maybe a B2B or more. He usually doesn't post while on a cruise.

I'm sure he'll be back.

Think I saw some stuff on May 2nd. Would like to see him back. Had some good discussions.

I contacted Dan by email. All is fine with him. He's currently not cruising or has any planned so therefore not spending any time on CC. He is involved in other interests.

I told him he is being missed.

I contacted Dan by email. All is fine with him. He's currently not cruising or has any planned so therefore not spending any time on CC. He is involved in other interests.

Too bad, even if we did not always agree the back and forth discussions were very good. I think we can all learn a lot if we are open to opinions of others. And Dan did have many opinions. I will miss his posts. :):):)

Be nice if he put a toe in the water once in a while.

Thanks folks...for your comments, ORV prompted me to make a short post.

No, I am not cruising in the near and not so near future. Why? Well I have been to about every place on earth I ever wanted to go, and too to me cruising was a means to accomplish something,..I am not one to go again and again to the same places, it doesn't work for me.( Alexander the Great wept when he had no more worlds to conquer )

Too the world situation overseas I have learned/seen first hand, is not good at best and travel to most all the globe,( except Australia/NZ,Tahiti Hawaii) is now a VERY risky business. I am and have been a risk taker. my whole life, military, flying,climbing etc.. but only to a point that I feel they are manageable., However, the risks I see today are unacceptable to me and go far beyond..:o

You dont have to agree, but you ignore the elephant in the room if you dont. The media paints a very rosy picture which in NOT reality. It is in the selfish best interest of magazines, travel agents,,tour promoters, etc to paint a distorted from reality image of the truth.:confused:

.I know some here see cruising as a "life style" making 2-3-4 cruises a year. I am not one of those,. Dont take this the wrong way, but having sailed on Oceania an average of 30 days a year, the experience lost its thrill, and excitement and became routine. So, I am taking a break of several years or more to reflect on cruising's merit and value to me in the future.

So, I bid you all adieu and wish the best for you on any path you choose to take...

.God Bless. Dan:cool:

No, I am not cruising in the near and not so near future. Why? Well I have been to about every place on earth I ever wanted to go, and too to me cruising was a means to accomplish something,..I am not one to go again and again to the same places, it doesn't work for me.( Alexander the Great wept when he had no more worlds to conquer )

Too the world situation overseas I have learned/seen first hand, is not good at best and travel to most all the globe,( except Australia/NZ,Tahiti Hawaii) is now a VERY risky business. I am and have been a risk taker. my whole life, military, flying,climbing etc.. but only to a point that I feel they are manageable., However, the risks I see today are unacceptable to me and go far beyond..:o

You dont have to agree, but you ignore the elephant in the room if you dont. The media paints a very rosy picture which in NOT reality. It is in the selfish best interest of magazines, travel agents,,tour promoters, etc to paint a distorted from reality image of the truth.:confused:

.I know some here see cruising as a "life style" making 2-3-4 cruises a year. I am not one of those,. Dont take this the wrong way, but having sailed on Oceania an average of 30 days a year, the experience lost its thrill, and excitement and became routine. So, I am taking a break of several years or more to reflect on cruising's merit and value to me in the future.

So, I bid you all adieu and wish the best for you on any path you choose to take...

Best to you. Whatever you do STAY SAFE, and come visit us once in a while. Richie

As usual, Dan, you make some good observations and one can only respect your decision to take a break. But, I do hope that you "must return to the sea again..." and a chance to have that long promised vodka that I said I would buy you. I suspect that I might be joining your queue shortly given that my wife is having health issues - I don't embrace being beached easily, but life sometimes makes choices for us. Best wishes to you and a grey goose still looms in your future.;)

Dan;

May I suggest that in the bored moments, you peruse this forum and offer your SAGE advice to the newbees and those who could benefit from your vast travel experience? I have always enjoyed your posts and thoughts and hope you continue to participate even while drydocked.