Carnival no longer supports wifi calling or ANY calling app on a phone?

chanpion13

4 minutes ago, AandBmom said:

Amazing thanks.  

So it says only 1 device at a time. Is it easy to switch devices?  I'd like to share with my son if possible. 

Yeah, it's easy and you can share. You'll need the folio number (which is on your S&S card) and the birth date of the person who purchased the internet plan. Those are used to login, so since you'll buy it, your son will have to use your folio & birth date to login. One person can logout and the other logs in, or if one logs in, it'll automatically log the other one out.

1 hour ago, Organized Chaos said:

Yeah, it's easy and you can share. You'll need the folio number (which is on your S&S card) and the birth date of the person who purchased the internet plan. Those are used to login, so since you'll buy it, your son will have to use your folio & birth date to login. One person can logout and the other logs in, or if one logs in, it'll automatically log the other one out.

OK great, that's what I was expecting.  We have no intention of staring at screens all vacation so sharing for occasional messaging will work well. 

1 minute ago, AandBmom said:

OK great, that's what I was expecting.  We have no intention of staring at screens all vacation so sharing for occasional messaging will work well. 

That's how we are. We use it primarily for communicating with one another onboard and we love the Hub app. Other than that, I'll login to this forum now & again, but that's about it.

27 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

That's how we are. We use it primarily for communicating with one another onboard and we love the Hub app. Other than that, I'll login to this forum now & again, but that's about it.

It's been a couples years since we did Carnival......everyone can get the hub app and use their messaging for free right?

1 hour ago, AandBmom said:

It's been a couples years since we did Carnival......everyone can get the hub app and use their messaging for free right?

Texting is $5 per person using a separate for length of cruise

Edited by crzndeb

5 hours ago, AandBmom said:

All of the Hub app features are free, except for the Hub chat. As crzndeb said, it's $5 per device; although I'm not sure what she meant by, "using a separate for length of cruise." That $5 per device is good for the entire cruise. Even without the chat, the Hub has a lot of great features. It has a digital version of the Fun Times. You can set events & activities as favorites and get an alert 15 minutes before they start. You can check your S&S account info. Food venues and menus, including the MDR menus for every night. On many ships, if you have Your Time Dining, you can use the Hub app to check in to YTD. Just let it know you're ready for dinner and how many in your party, and it'll alert you when a table is ready. Not all of the ships have that feature yet, but I think most do. Port of call info. Weather. And more. It's a great little tool.

1 hour ago, Organized Chaos said:

All of the Hub app features are free, except for the Hub chat. As crzndeb said, it's $5 per device; although I'm not sure what she meant by, "using a separate for length of cruise." That $5 per device is good for the entire cruise. Even without the chat, the Hub has a lot of great features. It has a digital version of the Fun Times. You can set events & activities as favorites and get an alert 15 minutes before they start. You can check your S&S account info. Food venues and menus, including the MDR menus for every night. On many ships, if you have Your Time Dining, you can use the Hub app to check in to YTD. Just let it know you're ready for dinner and how many in your party, and it'll alert you when a table is ready. Not all of the ships have that feature yet, but I think most do. Port of call info. Weather. And more. It's a great little tool.

Hahaha....sometimes I type faster than my iPad types, and I missed the word phone...separate phone.

I typed device first, which makes sense to you and me, but I didn’t want to confuse some thinking they had to pay $5 for their phone, tablet, ipad, laptop, etc. 

Edited by crzndeb

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2017 at 5:03 PM, amystarfish said:

Do you have to set it up ahead of time? Does it work when you are out to sea?? If you've ever turned on your phone, it usually says something like "cellular at sea"

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Verizon also has this plan.  You call them before you leave and set it up.  If no calls, no charges. I gathered you actually need to be on land, not sitting in your cabin at a port.  Guess it is a bargain if you have several calls to make. I wasn’t going to spend my port time making calls. I did however use the WiFi package t email.  I composed the email before logging on, logged on and sent it (and read any emails i got) AND LOG OFF OR THE METER KEEPS RUNNING. My husband stayed behind in June when i went with family. Daughter had the unlimited package so he messaged her. I had the 250 mins so we emailed each other daily.  

On 2/23/2020 at 1:31 PM, Treyatl2006 said:

I can also confirm Verizon wifi calling also works. But you have to activate wifi calling at home because Verizon will not allow you to activate wifi calling unless you are on their cellular network. 

Verizon user as well.  If my phone already is turned on to WiFi calling, do I need the value plan or does the social plan work, as well?

• 1 month later...
On 3/5/2020 at 3:59 PM, ccturner26 said:

Verizon user as well.  If my phone already is turned on to WiFi calling, do I need the value plan or does the social plan work, as well?

Any plan will work along as you have it already activated prior to leaving.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

HAS ANYONE CRUISED ON CARNIVAL VALOR? WHICH PACKAGE WORKS WITH FACEBOOK VIDEO CALLING OR DO ALL PACKAGES WORK WITH FACEBOOK VIDEO CALLING? HOW WAS YOUR WIFI PACKAGE EXPERIENCE ON BOARD? WHICH PACKAGE DID YOU GET? THANKS