Beer offered on ship

reerun25

Anyone know if they are offering PBR on the ships? I tried searching for a current beer list, but did not have any luck. I know they did not offer it as of May 2016, but I have not sailed since then, and was not sure if they might have started offering it.

Depending on the ship, if you have the Sports Bar, Red Frog Pub or Bar you'll have some draft beer options too like Miller Lite, Red Frog and Heineken. Different than PBR for sure, and nothing at all against PBR! Have a great cruise!

These are the Beers from March and I don't think they have changed.

20633416839c87ba28e2ecb892f52e48.jpg

Hahah. I like how the "crap beer" is more expensive than the imported beer. I figured I was gonna be drinking Miller all week. Nope. Stella and Amstel, here I come.

Thanks for the list!!

Hahah. I like how the "crap beer" is more expensive than the imported beer. I figured I was gonna be drinking Miller all week. Nope. Stella and Amstel, here I come.

Thanks for the list!!

I think (but I could be wrong) that the Imported beer is less ounces like 12 instead of 16 unless specified otherwise and that's why it's cheaper. I'm not sure though because I don't drink beer. Unless it's Old Milwaukee [emoji23] Well not anymore, but back in the day [emoji41].

Thanks for the list!!

The Miller Lite is 16 oz, while the Amstel and Stella are 12 oz. On a unit pricing basis, the Miller is cheaper.

PBR is far superior to Bud, Bud Light, Coors, Miller, etc. Talk about bleh.

No Yuengling is depressing.

Yeah there's not a whole lot of difference between PBR and the usual domestics, I usually go for the miller lite if I know I'm tying one down and gonna hit double figures in servings and I'm with you on them not having Yuengling

PBR is far superior to Bud, Bud Light, Coors, Miller, etc. Talk about bleh.

No Yuengling is depressing.

I'd kill for Yuengling. Being from Texas, we don't get it here. We always stop and get a bunch of cases when we drive back from Alabama (where my bf is from).

Yes, I was totally serious about looking for PBR. Taste is subjective, but PBR is my go to. Yes, nearly everyone says the same thing, that they don't see how I drink it, that it is awful, etc. When I offer people one, they usually say something about they used to drink one back in the day, or shared one with their Dad or Granddad, and will take one for nostalgia reasons. They never ask for another one after that, but that is fine. After a party or social, I always have beer left in my cooler, since everyone will pillage Bud Light and not touch my PBR!

Don't misunderstand. Nothing wrong with PBR. I drink all beer. Heck, I own a beer bar with well over 100 different beer selections! I'll drink some miller light in certain conditions and PBR. I just think it was a little funny that you would actually make an effort to see if PBR is available before hand. I would consider PBR one of those things where if they don't have PBR, you drink another generic domestic and don't think much of it.

But again, looking at the menu, I don't see why anyone would drink the domestics when better imports and very good craft options are available for essentially the same price (or cheaper). That Concrete Pilsner is outstanding if you want an easy drinking beer. Local South Florida brewery.

Where did you get that information from?

All over the Caribbean imported beer is less than U.S. beers, it has something to do with the taxation of U.S alcohol. This is why cigarettes and alcohol are so much cheaper in the islands. The ships do not provision everything in the states. I guarantee they are not buying cigarettes in the states. They are selling alcohol in the gift shops below U.S. costs.

All over the Caribbean imported beer is less than U.S. beers, it has something to do with the taxation of U.S alcohol. This is why cigarettes and alcohol are so much cheaper in the islands. The ships do not provision everything in the states. I guarantee they are not buying cigarettes in the states. They are selling alcohol in the gift shops below U.S. costs.

They do provision at least some of their beer in the US. I know the distributors down here in South Florida, I'll try and remember to ask this week when I see them and I can find out for certain. But some of the beers on that list are all but guaranteed to be provisioned here in the States.

Don't misunderstand. Nothing wrong with PBR. I drink all beer. Heck, I own a beer bar with well over 100 different beer selections! I'll drink some miller light in certain conditions and PBR. I just think it was a little funny that you would actually make an effort to see if PBR is available before hand. I would consider PBR one of those things where if they don't have PBR, you drink another generic domestic and don't think much of it.

But again, looking at the menu, I don't see why anyone would drink the domestics when better imports and very good craft options are available for essentially the same price (or cheaper). That Concrete Pilsner is outstanding if you want an easy drinking beer. Local South Florida brewery.

I'm not big on craft beers as most of them are IPA's. And now knowing that the domestics are 16oz and imports are 12, I'll be sticking to more for the price. I primarily drink Newcastle. If they don't have that, I go straight to crap beer. Haha.