Carry on clarification please

HagenDog

i understand that each person can carry up to 12 cans of coke type products in their carry on. I also understand that each person over 21 can carry a bottle of wine.

1. Can a person over 21 take the 12 cokes AND a bottle of wine in their carry on?

2. If 4 people are together and each has one 12 pack of cokes, can the packs be combined into one suitcase and then carried on by one of the group? Or does each 12 pack have to be carried on by one individual? Does that make sense?

3. I'm guessing that a person can carry a 12 pack of cokes as their carry on or does it have to be in some sort of bag?

On the Dream in a week...

i understand that each person can carry up to 12 cans of coke type products in their carry on. I also understand that each person over 21 can carry a bottle of wine.

1. Can a person over 21 take the 12 cokes AND a bottle of wine in their carry on?

Yes

2. If 4 people are together and each has one 12 pack of cokes, can the packs be combined into one suitcase and then carried on by one of the group? Or does each 12 pack have to be carried on by one individual? Does that make sense?

If everyone is together, then the screener should let one person carry them all in. We are a family of 4 but my 2 kids don't drink soda. My wife and I take their allotment so we have extra. I end up carrying in 4 12pks of soda with me and none of them have any. It's never been an issue. If you all 4 are together it's pretty much common sense but then again not everyone has that.

3. I'm guessing that a person can carry a 12 pack of cokes as their carry on or does it have to be in some sort of bag?

You can take them on in the cartons they come in. Makes it much easier. Some ports actually open them to check, others don't.

Enjoy your cruise!!

To add to Tek's response, #3, it might even be a good idea to carry some kind of bag to put the sodas in... one poster announced that going through Galveston, the screener tore her cases of sodas completely apart looking at each can, then left her with nothing to carry the sodas in! She ended up having to open her carry-on, pockets, everything she had, to fit the cans in, since the box was basically shredded by the screener. Ever since I read that, I determined that I'd carry a plastic shopping bag with me, just in case... some people even put the cases of soda in their own rolling carry-on, so that would work too!

To add to Tek's response, #3, it might even be a good idea to carry some kind of bag to put the sodas in... one poster announced that going through Galveston, the screener tore her cases of sodas completely apart looking at each can, then left her with nothing to carry the sodas in! She ended up having to open her carry-on, pockets, everything she had, to fit the cans in, since the box was basically shredded by the screener. Ever since I read that, I determined that I'd carry a plastic shopping bag with me, just in case... some people even put the cases of soda in their own rolling carry-on, so that would work too!

I think that's what my sister did last year. They were 4 people (2 adults; 2 kids). They put 4 packs of sodas in a rolling bag in Galveston. Never heard of her having any issue.

This happen to me as well , they did have trash bags available . So there we went with luggage and trash bags in hand boarding the ship .

The 3 of us each had a 12 pack. I put all 3 12 packs in one large Vera Bradley bag and it worked perfectly. As someone mentioned, have a bag of some type ready. The screener at NO when we were getting on the dream recently "popped" each 12 pack open completely across the top to check it. Would be hard to carry without a bag.

we saw this with several people in Miami. They were really juggling as none of them seemed to have an available bag. We gave one lady near us a couple of ziploc bags as that was all I had. We used to bring ours in a rolling suitcase but now we just get Cheers.

• 8 months later...

Hi, Has anyone ever used a Collapsible handcart? I have 4 peoples, 12 packs of soda to maneuver. Yes, they will be with me, just thinking it would be easier if I could put all on a Collapsible handcart and push it. Anyone ever done this? Thanks in advance.

Hi, Has anyone ever used a Collapsible handcart? I have 4 peoples, 12 packs of soda to maneuver. Yes, they will be with me, just thinking it would be easier if I could put all on a Collapsible handcart and push it. Anyone ever done this? Thanks in advance.
I've done that but you have to take everything off to put through metal detectors. Kind of a pain but it works

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

I've done that but you have to take everything off to put through metal detectors. Kind of a pain but it works

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

Thank You. I think it would be easier in the long run...But, we have 2 collapsible cooler's on wheels also...not sure which one to go with yet. 18 days to go....i better get it figured out soon!

Does not have to be "coke" products.

A couple years ago, I only wanted to take one case so I opened my case of Pepsi and filled half of it with Dr. Pepper, then taped it shut. I fully expected them to open it to check, but the scanner never said a word. It was inside my carry-on. This was Port Everglades. I get that the ones opening cases are searching for alcohol, but to shred the box and leave people with no way to carry 12 cans of soda is a jerk move.

Thank You. I think it would be easier in the long run...But, we have 2 collapsible cooler's on wheels also...not sure which one to go with yet. 18 days to go....i better get it figured out soon!
Just be aware, you can't have a cooler bigger than 12x12x12.

Just got off Carnival Sunshine. There were 5 of us. We brought 3 dozen cans of pop, all in 1 carry on, not a problem. The other adult carried the 2 bottles of wine, no problem. Our pop was in 1 carry on, but we saw other people carrying a 12-pack outside of a carryon -- no bag or nothing.

As a side note, we also packed 12 cans of pop in 3 suitcases (4 in each x 3). One of the bags was checked and the pop taken out. The other 8 cans made it through. We weren't trying to sneak pop on the ship (we had 5 people and only brought 3 dozen). Just forgot that they had to be in the carry on.

• 2 months later...
Do any of you know if bottles of tea are allowed in lieu of cans of soda? Like Snapple for example. (They make them in plastic bottles if the glass is the issue)

Glass isn’t the issue. You can bring whatever beverages you want (aside from liquor and beer) as long as it it in a can or carton (possibly a pouch). The only bottled beverages permitted are wine or champagne.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When we sailed out of Galveston in February, they opened both 12 packs of soda and checked to make sure that there was only soda in the packs. So like previously mentioned,bring a small roll of duct tape in your carry-on to tape the boxes back closed.I promise you,you will find other uses for it throughout your voyage