Linked bookings and dining

catperson02

I am off on Azura at the end of this month. We will be in three cabins (my parents in one, eldest daughter in another and myself and youngest daughter in the third). The bookings are all linked. We have always used fixed dining as my youngest daughter does not eat meat, has some food allergies and is a picky eater. In short she is a right royal pain in the neck at mealtimes - I have notified P&O of her needs and they have always excelled in meeting them. In the past I have sailed just with my daughters all in one cabin so have not worried about dining together.

P&O say that we should all be eating on the same table but will not confirm this, saying that it will be confirmed once on board. Whilst I am sure that if we are assigned different tables this can be changed it would be a bit of a disappointing start to the cruise to do so and I am not sure if this could be done in time for the first night.

Am I worrying unnecessarily? Has anyone with a linked booking ever been put on separate tables? This is a special holiday as it is likely to be our last together as university looms in September. I should add that all bookings are select.

I think you are worrying too much. Shoreside do not want to make a definitive statement about what the appropriate department on board are going to decide. When they say "they cannot confirm this" about the issue, really nobody whatsoever on your cruise, even people who have booked suites, are guaranteed a specific dining set up. It is generally understood that a pecking order exists regarding successfully choosing and being granted an option and you have booked on a select tariff and are therefore well placed.

Regards John

Hi, I have only had a linked booking once, and this was specifically to dine with our friends, unfortunately we didn't get the same dining but were able to change a couple of nights. I think this was because we booked Select and they booked Saver, and it was a short cruise. I would be surprised if this happens to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have had linked booking with our friends on a table for 4 about 15 times now with no problem. They will always say that it cannot be confirmed but it has never been an issue as we have always been allocated a table for 4.

We are taking our first RCI cruise this year and booked early last year to secure an accessible cabin. Relatives decided to join us only this year after freedom dining had been waitlisted, but once we linked the bookings they were automatically changed to freedom dining. P&O could learn something about good customer service from this.

We are taking our first RCI cruise this year and booked early last year to secure an accessible cabin. Relatives decided to join us only this year after freedom dining had been waitlisted, but once we linked the bookings they were automatically changed to freedom dining. P&O could learn something about good customer service from this.

I can see that those accommodated would see it as good customer service. The downside is if too many people started to link bookings for popular dining options it might cause issues.

I suppose it all depends on how many people get knocked back for their dining requests/ preferences? Do many people get allocated something they really don't want, we are laid back about it but perhaps others are not.

I can see that those accommodated would see it as good customer service. The downside is if too many people started to link bookings for popular dining options it might cause issues.

I suppose it all depends on how many people get knocked back for their dining requests/ preferences? Do many people get allocated something they really don't want, we are laid back about it but perhaps others are not.

I was merely explaining how some cruise lines value their customers and go the extra mile to ensure they enjoy the experience.

It was not a sinister ruse to secure a better dining option for our relatives, rather a way in which we could enjoy our cruise dining experience together.

I was merely explaining how some cruise lines value their customers and go the extra mile to ensure they enjoy the experience.

It was not a sinister ruse to secure a better dining option for our relatives, rather a way in which we could enjoy our cruise dining experience together.

I didn't suggest that it was.

We had a linked booking with friends. Although we had to book our cabins separately, they were adjacent and we were very much intending to travel together. However when we got onboard we found we'd been allocated different dining rooms. We just spoke to the maitre d' and he understood and sorted things out for us. We both paid Select