Breakaway out of New York

Hello cruisers,

We have just booked a Bermuda cruise leaving out of New York. Does anyone have any recommendations for hotels, parking and shuttle to the port please? We are also considering the cost of parking at the pier.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

We are coming from Ontario.

Try the Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park, NJ . Hotels offering room/parking/port shuttle packages are few and far between in the NY City area and there are none in the city itself.

Parking at the pier is $40 per night, so $ 280 for your cruise. It's safe and very convenient as you park on the cruise terminal roof.

Could you offer any hotels for just spending the night we will be flying into Newark thanks

There are numerous hotels near EWR. Without a date, your budget, how many people you're traveling with/how many rooms you need, and an idea of exactly where you're headed the next day (Are you going to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal, or elsewhere? I know this a "Breakaway" thread so I assume that's where you're headed but people often hijack threads ) it's not possible to give a meaningful recommendation.

I'd suggest you post the question, including answers to the questions I've posed, on the East Coast Departures Board to get the best response.

we always stay at the Marriott in Stamford CT and park at the pier. its worth every penny.

Fine for someone coming from New England as you are but not a good option for people driving from Ontario or flying in from Ohio as the two posters on this thread are.

Ink 48 1 1/2 blocks to breakaway cruise terminal super easy walk and nice hotel and restaurant. Walking distance to time square. Not cheap though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And it's not a place where you can park your car for a reasonable price during the cruise. There are dozens of really nice expensive hotels in Manhattan. Not one of then is appropriate for someone driving into NY and looking for a place to park their car during their cruise.

And not a place where you can park your car. There are dozens of really nice expensive hotels in Manhattan. Not one of then is appropriate for someone driving into NY and looking for a place to park their car during their cruise.

They said they where considering parking at pier. This is in walking distance. Geeze

Ink 48 1 1/2 blocks to breakaway cruise terminal super easy walk and nice hotel and restaurant. Walking distance to time square. Not cheap though.

Thank you for this. Unfortunately, they do not have a room that can accommodate 5 of us.

Thank you for this. Unfortunately, they do not have a room that can accommodate 5 of us.

If you want to park at the pier but do most of your driving the previous day staying overnight at a hotel I suggest you consider finding a hotel in the Parsippany, NJ area off of Route 80...assuming that is a likely route for your drive from Ontario. It's a nice suburban area that is an hour or less from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal. There are often good prices for the hotels in that area on weekends. Stay there the night before and drive to the pier in the morning. It makes far more sense than trying to find a room and a place to park in Manhattan for a night and will cost you significantly less. Otherwise, if you want a package, try the Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park as I suggested in my first reply to your question.

If you want to park at the pier but do most of your driving the previous day staying overnight at a hotel I suggest you consider finding a hotel in the Parsippany, NJ area off of Route 80...assuming that is a likely route for your drive from Ontario. It's a nice suburban area that is an hour or less from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal. There are often good prices for the hotels in that area on weekends. Stay there the night before and drive to the pier in the morning. It makes far more sense than trying to find a room and a place to park in Manhattan for a night and will cost you significantly less. Otherwise, if you want a package, try the Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park as I suggested in my first reply to your question.

You have been such a help! I finally booked-- Hyatt Place Secaucus meadowlands. Got a very good price-- just under $300 Canadian for the night.👍👍👍

There are numerous hotels near EWR. Without a date, your budget, how many people you're traveling with/how many rooms you need, and an idea of exactly where you're headed the next day (Are you going to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal, or elsewhere? I know this a "Breakaway" thread so I assume that's where you're headed but people often hijack threads ) it's not possible to give a meaningful recommendation.

I'd suggest you post the question, including answers to the questions I've posed, on the East Coast Departures Board to get the best response.

Sorry I did hijack the threads we are leaving out of Manhattan cruise on Gem on Oct 16, flying into Newark the day before, just 2 people just looking for clean convenient room to pier, nothing special looked on all the other boards and just cant seem to find what I am looking for, thanks in advance if you can offer can help

Sorry I did hijack the threads we are leaving out of Manhattan cruise on Gem on Oct 16, flying into Newark the day before, just 2 people just looking for clean convenient room to pier, nothing special looked on all the other boards and just cant seem to find what I am looking for, thanks in advance if you can offer can help

As I suggested in my first reply, please post all the details on the East Coast Departures board so that the people who know Newark Airport hotels best can take a crack at answering ...but first have you looked on any of the major on line hotel booking sites to get an idea of prices for the date ? One hotel you may want to consider is the Newark Penn Station Hilton which offers easy access to NJ Transit trains you can take into NY Penn Station. From New York Penn Station it's a quick taxi ride to the cruise terminal.

As I suggested in my first reply, please post all the details on the East Coast Departures board so that the people who know Newark Airport hotels best can take a crack at answering ...but first have you looked on any of the major on line hotel booking sites to get an idea of prices for the date ? One hotel you may want to consider is the Newark Penn Station Hilton which offers easy access to NJ Transit trains you can take into NY Penn Station. From New York Penn Station it's a quick taxi ride to the cruise terminal.

Allow me to name another possibility that is likely to be cheaper than the Hilton Newark Penn Station. The Best Western Plus Robert Treat is located less than a mile from Newark Penn Station, where you can get a train to NY, and has a free shuttle to the train station in addition to the free airport shuttle virtually every hotel in the area offers. The Robert Treat's rates also include breakfast.

Allow me to name another possibility that is likely to be cheaper than the Hilton Newark Penn Station. The Best Western Plus Robert Treat is located less than a mile from Newark Penn Station, where you can get a train to NY, and has a free shuttle to the train station in addition to the free airport shuttle virtually every hotel in the area offers. The Robert Treat's rates also include breakfast.

Thank you !!!!