Heated Pool

We are contemplating a cruise on the Serende of Seas in the beginning of Oct 2018. It will be doing the Canadian and New Engand run.

I have a special needs son who loves the pool and would not understand that it is not open because of the cold. Does anyone know if these pools are heated?

TIA

Other than the hot tubs, no heated pools. Solarium pool (covered but not heated) might be a bit warmer, and if it's really cold outside, then they will allow kids in there for a couple of hours.

We are contemplating a cruise on the Serende of Seas in the beginning of Oct 2018. It will be doing the Canadian and New Engand run.

I have a special needs son who loves the pool and would not understand that it is not open because of the cold. Does anyone know if these pools are heated?

TIA

There is a chance that it could be warm enough to go in the pools in early October. I'm in NJ, and I have many pictures from Halloween over the years of my kids in short sleeves and shorts. In fact, I have one picture of my then three-month old sitting outside in a onesie on Halloween. It's just a couple weeks into Autumn at that point, and the leaves are just starting to change. It's not abnormal for us in the northeast to still have warm weather then.

There is a chance that it could be warm enough to go in the pools in early October. I'm in NJ, and I have many pictures from Halloween over the years of my kids in short sleeves and shorts. In fact, I have one picture of my then three-month old sitting outside in a onesie on Halloween. It's just a couple weeks into Autumn at that point, and the leaves are just starting to change. It's not abnormal for us in the northeast to still have warm weather then.

The ship is not in NJ very long

I am on Serenade in May in the Baltic, which is somewhat similar temperature-wise to New England in October. The Solarium pool was warm enough and children were allowed during the day (although there were so few kids no one seemed to say anything regardless of time).

The ship is not in NJ very long

No, it won't be, but the temps in NJ versus the temps in Mass are not that different every day. Plus, having raised two boys of my own, my guess is the child will want to hit the pool right away on day 1 or 2. Past that, the ship should be making stops (I have not looked up the exact itinerary) most days so the child will be busy heading ashore to worry about the pools.

OP, my advise is if the pool is going to play an important part of your trip, to go in September or earlier, so you can be sure. October weather for us in the Northeast is unpredictable and while it is still early in the month and the chances of warm weather are the highest, it can be too cool for the pools. But, the hot tubs are always an option if you can only travel north that week.