Refund when cancelling an excursion before sailing

If I book and pay for an excursion with a credit card before sailing, and then I cancel that excursion before sailing, is the refund credited back to the credit card, or will it show up as onboard credit? I searched, but I'm seeing both answers. Anyone have a recent experience? Thanks!

If I book and pay for an excursion with a credit card before sailing, and then I cancel that excursion before sailing, is the refund credited back to the credit card, or will it show up as onboard credit? I searched, but I'm seeing both answers. Anyone have a recent experience? Thanks!

If you cancel prior to 3 days before the cruise, you get a a credit to your credit card. After that, you have to cancel onboard, at least 24 hours before the excursion,, in which case you get OBC.

If you cancel prior to 3 days before the cruise, you get a a credit to your credit card. After that, you have to cancel onboard, at least 24 hours before the excursion,, in which case you get OBC.

Bob, didn't they change the cancellation policy for shore excursions to 48 hours recently?

Bob, didn't they change the cancellation policy for shore excursions to 48 hours recently?

If they did, I'm not aware of it, and I trust that you probably have better information than I do.

That's correct, 48 hrs advance notice is required for exchange or full refund cancellation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ken, just to clarify, is the 48 hours the limit pre-cruise for a full refund to the credit card, or the limit onboard for OBC, or both?

So, still 3 days before the cruise to get a credit card refund?

I believe that is still the case. After the 3 days prior to the cruise yet before 48 hours prior to excursion port it would be OBC (refundable) and after the 48 hours you would get nothing refunded.

I believe that is still the case. After the 3 days prior to the cruise yet before 48 hours prior to excursion port it would be OBC (refundable) and after the 48 hours you would get nothing refunded.

Thanks Ken. So it would seem if someone has an excursion on the second day of the cruise, they would have to cancel 3 days before the cruise because they won't be able to cancel onboard.

So, still 3 days before the cruise to get a credit card refund?

Yes, about 3 days before cruise embarkation or when you cannot make changes to your Cruise Planner prior to your cruise, to get a refund back to your original form of payment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Ken. So it would seem if someone has an excursion on the second day of the cruise, they would have to cancel 3 days before the cruise because they won't be able to cancel onboard.

That's how it would appear, although they may make exceptions if you cancelled immediately upon boarding.

I know they were great with us even when cancelling an hour in advance due to a medical reason.

• 2 months later...

I have never thought about cancelling an excursion that I have booked - I have had the ship cancel them, and refund the $$ back to my OBC.

Given that I'm heading to Bermuda on this Saturday - and we've booked the Horseshoe Bay beach transfer (with RCI) for Monday afternoon when we arrive, it sounds like, if we don't want to do it - we'll need to cancel when we step on the ship on Saturday.

Sound right?

Of course, the weather is always changing! So we still have time to decide.

Thanks all!

Love reading the boards and getting the information I need to make my trips wonderful.

after the 48 hours you would get nothing refunded.

It depends on what you are cancelling.

We got invited to join some people on CocoCay in their cabana. So I canceled our beach bed the day before and got full credit.

It did help that they had a waiting list for beach beds.

So glad I checked boards tonight. I need to cancel my husband's shore excursion in Havana for Wednesday and had planned to do it when we board on Monday. I will call tonight as I did not know that they changed their policy. Thanks for sharing this helpful information.

Grace

Edited by Snit13
typo