Suggestions on hotel stay before cruise

Howie411

Going on RC Dec 3rd out of Orlando, but my wife, daughter and I are flying in Dec 2. Trying to figure out what would work best. Stay at a hotel near the airport and then take shuttle to the port the next morning, or get a hotel near the port. Anyone have any recommendations (and possibly hotels with free shuttle service?

Thanks

We like to stay at the port. Closest hotels to the port are Country Inn & Suites, Residence Inn, Homewood Suites, and Radisson. These hotels have cruise packages with shuttle.

It's personal preference, but we prefer to do a one-way car rental and stay in the Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral area the night before the cruise. It's an easy 45 minute - 1 hour drive and you are just minutes from the port the next morning.

Going on RC Dec 3rd out of Orlando, but my wife, daughter and I are flying in Dec 2. Trying to figure out what would work best. Stay at a hotel near the airport and then take shuttle to the port the next morning, or get a hotel near the port. Anyone have any recommendations (and possibly hotels with free shuttle service?

Thanks

I've stayed at the Radisson twice and will be back again soon. The shuttle isn't free, but its not to pricy.

Stay at the port-fun to see all the future cruisers out and about-everyone is in Vacation mode and so excited-fun town-good places to eat-swim in ocean-shop-we only live 41/2 hours away-but we drive down early and stay in a hotel to start our vacation early!

We prefer to stay in Orlando - 1000's of hotels in every price range - and then use a one-way car rental to get to PC the morning of our cruise. Post cruise, unless your flight is after about 2:00, I would use a shuttle service to get back to MCO.

We prefer to stay in Orlando - 1000's of hotels in every price range - and then use a one-way car rental to get to PC the morning of our cruise. Post cruise, unless your flight is after about 2:00, I would use a shuttle service to get back to MCO.

If you do this, where you do drop the car off? I guess you pick it up at the airport but where are you returning it? Is it walking distance to the boat?

If you do this, where you do drop the car off? I guess you pick it up at the airport but where are you returning it? Is it walking distance to the boat?

Walking distance does not matter much as the local agencies in the port area have free shuttles to the cruise terminals.

If travelling with family I prefer to drop everyone plus bags off at the port, then return the car and ride the shuttle back to the port. If it is just the wife and I we will usually head straight to Avis, drop the car, and then both ride the shuttle. Your call!

Has anyone stayed at the Counry Inn and Suites near the pier, before the cruise? Their deal sounds too good to be true, they say they are the closest hotel to the pier, and for $69 for the night, it also includes parking for the week and transportation to and from the cruise. The only catch is having to attend an hour presentation before you leave for the cruise.

Marcy, going on the Oasis 12/3/17

Has anyone stayed at the Counry Inn and Suites near the pier, before the cruise? Their deal sounds too good to be true, they say they are the closest hotel to the pier, and for $69 for the night, it also includes parking for the week and transportation to and from the cruise. The only catch is having to attend an hour presentation before you leave for the cruise.

Marcy, going on the Oasis 12/3/17

Stay away from hotels that are having a sale presentation as requirement for a given price.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We're staying at Radisson in September. Reserved a stay and cruise room. We are going to park there which is included in price and free shuttle to port and back. The first two are free than a small fee for other people. I looked into a lot of hotels and the Radisson had a lot of good reviews.

I always stay at Country Inn and Suites in Cocoa Beach before a cruise. I have never had to attend any type of presentation. I book directly with the hotel for the stay and park package. Their shuttle is great to and from the port.