RCCL website?

Heh.

It seems that folks have problems with all the websites at times. Holland America's wasn't rendering any of the POS capabilities on Chrome for a while (recently fixed, but with changes that people hate) and people hate how Carnival's website works. I think it is time for me to consider going back to relying on telephone calls.

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

On my iPad. Tried all morning. Won't go past home screen. Bummed.

The website does not work on my iPad most of the time. I have no idea why, but I have stopped trying and just log-in from my laptop. It's very frustrating.

This has been a RCCL problem for years. One year there's an issue with Mozilla Firefox, next year it's Google Chrome, following year it's Apple Safari. It seems to always like Microsoft Internet Explorer/Edge.

The website does not work on my iPad most of the time. I have no idea why, but I have stopped trying and just log-in from my laptop. It's very frustrating.

Update:

Was able to log on to RCCL website today from my iMac desktop. Site fully functional. Works fine.

Guess the website is only wonky with my iPad. Go figure. :)

Two issues commonly cause this problem. First, if your browser gets an update it changes the browser ID number. Since all websites these days try to customize their appearance for specific browsers, the new number might not be recognized by the website. Then it sends generic pages back to you, which might or might not work. Solution in the past was never use a new browser update for the first few months after issue. Can't do that much now since updates are often automatic. This is why other browsers often work when yours doesn't.

Second issue is cookies. When a cookie gets corrupted you get all kinds of weird effects. In my case would get an Error 404 trying to look at a second reservation. Solution is to clear the cookies. Of course this is where all the sites you visit keep the login and customization information, so you will need to login again everywhere from scratch (including Cruise Critic). In my case it did solve the issues on Royal, so it was worth it.