Cruise documents

bromleypod

Apart from our passports and the eDocs, are there any other docs do we need to bring to get onboard ?? First time cruising, appreciate your helps!

You will be asked for your passport and the first page of your edocs (Guest Ticket Contract to be Presented For Passage) by port security when you enter the terminal.

When you check in, you will be asked for your passport and the first page of your edocs (Guest Ticket Contract to be Presented For Passage). You will also complete a health questionnaire (one per person). You will be asked for a method of payment for onboard expenses (most people use a credit card). They will take you picture (to match your face with the cruise card at various points).

Your cruise card is all you need from that point forward.

You will be given a boarding group number. When your number is called, you board and present your cruise card to ship's security and you're on your way onboard for a wonderful vacation!

If you have purchased anything such as a drink package, dining package, excursions, spa passes, etc. you should print out a copy of the Amenities Report so that in case something is missing you have proof that you have paid for something. It will make it easier to get the purchase rectified.

When you check in, you will be asked for your passport and the first page of your edocs (Guest Ticket Contract to be Presented For Passage).

Will you need to print one Guest Ticket Contract per reservation/cabin or one for each person on the reservation?

Will you need to print one Guest Ticket Contract per reservation/cabin or one for each person on the reservation?

If everyone in the cabin is checking in together, you just need to present one copy. I usually print two, just to have an extra. Not needed though.

Apart from our passports and the eDocs, are there any other docs do we need to bring to get onboard ?? First time cruising, appreciate your helps!

Document wise OP has it correct. There is no need to physically print anything, just bring electronic copies of all your documents. Someone mentioned a credit card, and of course you do need a method of payment, but since OP asked about documents I am making an assumption that OP knows about bringing a way to pay.

All the stuff that people tell you to print is just wasting trees. Don't even bother printing luggage tags, just get them from the porter.

You should bring your id as well. When you leave the ship you need an ID to get back on and you probably don't wanna take your passport off the ship.

Don't they confiscate your passports when you go on cruises with itineraries having foreign ports? I've only been on Celebrity cruises in the past and on each one the passport was to be handed in on day 2 of the sailing and you got it back at the end (although maybe not on the Alaska cruise out of Vancouver).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't they confiscate your passports when you go on cruises with itineraries having foreign ports? I've only been on Celebrity cruises in the past and on each one the passport was to be handed in on day 2 of the sailing and you got it back at the end (although maybe not on the Alaska cruise out of Vancouver).

I think one of the reasons is that if you miss the departure time for the cruise ship, they leave your passports at the terminal for you to retrieve so you can find passage to the next port on your own. Whenever I would board after visiting a port I can recall seeing a box will all the passports sitting in it so they can quickly be retrieved and "tossed out" so the ship can debark at the set time to avoid fines and overstay fees (which I'm sure are very steep).

I'm sure they also take it to pre-clear the cruise guests at each port. I can only imagine the passenger scrutiny that goes on in today's day and age.

Don't they confiscate your passports when you go on cruises with itineraries having foreign ports? ...

It is RARE they take your passports. From our cruises below, I only remember two or three where they did that. One was because of Turkey I think it was. Another was to avoid dealing with it when arriving at port - somebody came onboard and did all the checking.

Depending on the line you sail it is very common for passports to be taken and held for the duration, it makes clearing customs much easier for the ship. NCL does not normally do that.

Holding them has nothing to do with being able to leave quickly if people are late arriving from an excursion, nor does it have anything to do with potential charges for staying at a dock.

Don't they confiscate your passports when you go on cruises with itineraries having foreign ports?

I only experienced it on cruises in Europe where our US passports were collected on embarkation and returned prior to end of cruise.