Things I'm glad I brought, things I wish I'd brought, things I didn't miss

euro cruiser

I typically bring a work binder, and save every last damn piece of paper there... I can always find the cruise line's memos, and when i get home, it all goes in a plastic envelope. New cruisers will borrow my packets to see what to expect (not just schedules, but dry cleaning & discounts, spa fliers, etc)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Great suggestions. Here are a few more:

3M Command Hooks. Great to stick up to hang things & then a snap to remove without any damage.

Small pair of folding Bushnell binoculars.

Beach towel clips to keep the towels on the chairs by the pool.

OH! I forgot - a pack of $50 in ones. I never seem to have enough ones. I use them to tip from the start to the end of the trip.

Anything I can get away with biying on wish.com I can. The wait time is a month. But magnets, free, 1$us shipping. Over the door hanger free, 3$us shipping. Decorative tape, markers, electronics, art supplies, nautical silliness... Availble cheap from China if you are willing to wait.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Since the "Good finds on Amazon" and my follow up wondering where that post went have been deleted with no explanation on what was wrong (sidenote: If there is a violation of the community guidelines within a thread/post I think it would be beneficial if the the mods posted a comment stating the reason it isn't acceptable and then locked it. That would be much more influential on future behavior when compared to the current practice of deleting without explanation. As it stands I have no idea if I'm making the same mistakes that were made in those threads so I'll continue posting this same information unless I get official word saying something I'm doing isn't acceptable) I'll repost my recommendations here:

Things I brought and I'm glad I did:

38ab1631ab73f7bcfbb80ff0eb803aa7--storage-containers-storage-organization.jpg

- A couple of collapsible bins for my bras/underwear/socks. It was nice to just grab and go instead of rifling through drawers. I got mine from Dollar Tree.

41DMIPc1o5L._SX425_.jpg

- A PowerCube. This has 4 US inputs plus 2 USB inputs and 4 adapter plugs so I was able to utilize the European 220v outlet (inlet?) in my stateroom to have an additional 2 USB and 4 spaces plug in spaces for charging devices.

61C3EsNPiWL._SY679_.jpg

- A Mesh Bathroom Shower Organizer. This was invaluable because our junior suite had ONE (???) triangular shelf thing in the shower and with two people it just wasn't enough and this was more than sufficient for two women.

61SmNnV-7tL._SL1500_.jpg

- These magnetic hooks were AMAZING. I used them to hang up a variety of things, the heaviest was a sopping wet swimsuit from the ceiling (vertical) in the shower after washing in the sink and they held up great. I got the 25lb version, however if you hang them from the wall (horizontal) the strength is reduced by 2/3 (to less than 8.5 pounds) so I wouldn't do that unless absolutely necessary and if I did I'd make sure to get hooks with at least 25 lb VERTICAL strength. I only wish I had more than the 4 that came in this pack so I'll be buying another set for my next cruise.

- These magnetic clips. I hung up Cruise Compasses, excursion tickets, and other paper documents that came through our stateroom during the cruise. They were fine but sometimes the magnet came unattached from the metal "body" of he clip. This only happened when removing them from the walls, they never failed and fell off the wall or anything. I wouldn't repurchase these and might not take them on my next cruise.

71yC%2B8sq1iL._SX425_.jpg

- Nalgene travel kit in small and medium (pictured). I used the small kit on my trip and it was really useful

because some items I didn't need 3 ounces (the size of most travel containers) of, so I was able to pack a variety of different things in the same amount of space. I'm definitely getting the medium for my next trip to make use of the 4 ounce bottles and the dispensing caps.

- A thin cotton robe. I had a robe in my junior suite but I am seriously creeped out by the cleanliness of robes in hotel rooms (and cruise ships) so I loved having my own. It was affordable at less than $25, plus since it's thin it takes up hardly any space and felt like home.

- A collapsible hamper. I also got this from Dollar Tree also and it was almost too small for my 7 night cruise. I'll definitely have to upgrade for my next trip (14 night), but this cheapo one was nice to just leave behind.

Things I wish I had brought:

I kind of think an over the door shoe organizer might have been useful for sunscreen and I could have put the Cruise Compasses in there instead of clipping them up. I purposefully didn't take one this cruise but I'm thinking back to some clutter that might have been alleviated had I had one.

Things I brought and didn't need, but glad I had just in case:

Poo-Pourri? It was fine I guess. My next cruise will be solo and I don't think I'll repurchase.

Edited by Hey Tina