ms Zaandam in Juneau July 20, 2017

Scrapnana

Do you already have the visa for Brazil?

While Brazil Visa is a pain, the good news is that it's good for 10 years. I was also lucky enough to get it right after renewing my passport so I don't need to fool with carrying around an expired passport for the visa.

So far used it for:

Amazon Explorer, 2013

Maasdam Carnival, 2015

Crystal Serenity, 2017

Iguazu day trip, 2017

Not a bad investment

Roy

I was full-screening Zaandam and didn't check the thread until Roy had already answered.

I understand Amsterdam and Rotterdam are sisters and Zaandam and Volendam are sisters - just because of the different funnel(s).

I was full-screening Zaandam and didn't check the thread until Roy had already answered.

I understand Amsterdam and Rotterdam are sisters and Zaandam and Volendam are sisters - just because of the different funnel(s).

Yes; it should actually be a sub-class

While Brazil Visa is a pain, the good news is that it's good for 10 years. I was also lucky enough to get it right after renewing my passport so I don't need to fool with carrying around an expired passport for the visa.

So far used it for:

Amazon Explorer, 2013

Maasdam Carnival, 2015

Crystal Serenity, 2017

Iguazu day trip, 2017

Not a bad investment

Roy

You have definitely gotten your money's worth.:)

Well, as Zaandam disappears out of sight, I think I'll go to Bermuda and see if I can see Veendam leaving Hamilton in the next 30+ minutes. The camera pans and there are two huge ships in the way., but every once in awhile during the season, you get a good view.

See you later today for Zaandam's leaving (at a reasonable time for we east coasters).

Well, as Zaandam disappears out of sight, I think I'll go to Bermuda and see if I can see Veendam leaving Hamilton in the next 30+ minutes. The camera pans and there are two huge ships in the way., but every once in awhile during the season, you get a good view.

See you later today for Zaandam's leaving (at a reasonable time for we east coasters).

I've never gotten that to work for me. The only times I've managed to watch the Veendam leaving Bermuda were from the deck of the Crystal Serenity in 2015 and from the ferry when I was there on the Breakaway.

Roy

I've never gotten that to work for me. The only times I've managed to watch the Veendam leaving Bermuda were from the deck of the Crystal Serenity in 2015 and from the ferry when I was there on the Breakaway.

Roy

It hasn't happened often (only 6 cruises a summer) and having to remember which is the right day for arriving or leaving - today it is just after Zaandam docked. If Zaandam had been later that would have probably cut down my chances. She is still docked, so I have a chance of success. :D

I got a glimpse. Surprised at the direction she seemed to be heading. Just past 2 rocks, I think:

I'd crop it but then I think it would be a copyright violation.

Roy

That is her leaving downtown, she still needs to come by the ships.

And there she is.

It would be nice if Lou and Dave could do a zoom and also include it in their facebook schedules. I wonder if their agreement with Dockyards prohibits that.

I did also get a view of Veendam the second time around.

Roy