Meraviglia - Booking of Cirque du soleil shows

nese12

My Yacht Club reservation includes the Viaggio show, which I chose, and a "free" dinner.  I don't want the free dinner.  I'd prefer to have dinner in the Yacht Club Restaurant.  I'd also prefer to choose the evening when I attend, but my MSC booking page shows it will on the evening of my embarkation.

How to proceed with this situation?  My travel agent has not been able--so far--to get any clarity from MSC of my situation.  Advice from anyone would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

My Yacht Club reservation includes the Viaggio show, which I chose, and a "free" dinner.  I don't want the free dinner.  I'd prefer to have dinner in the Yacht Club Restaurant.  I'd also prefer to choose the evening when I attend, but my MSC booking page shows it will on the evening of my embarkation.

Where do you see the date of your show reservation?  I've read several countries are now able to reserve the date time of the show before getting on the ship, but so far all my bookings do not show that possibility.

21 minutes ago, Até said:

Where do you see the date of your show reservation?  I've read several countries are now able to reserve the date time of the show before getting on the ship, but so far all my bookings do not show that possibility.

This information was received from MSC on Page #2 titled Booking Details by my travel agent which she forwarded to me.

In the section titled (after my name and date of birth) "Items charged in USD", there is this listing:  

INCL---(a number is shown that I don't think is appropriate to post)--Cirque Du Soleil at Sea Viaggio-Dinner and show-01/05/20.

My travel agent nor I have been able so far to determine if that date is the date that is a firm date for me.  If I can't get clarity on this date/time--whatever is that time--before I embark, the YC Concierge and I will have a meeting soon after I embark to get this resolved.  Going to a Cirque Du Soleil show with a non-YC dinner is NOT what I expect this first evening on a MSC ought to be. 

On Celebrity Eclipse, I attended some Cirque De Soleil shows.  I was not impressed.  Viaggio's description, however, sounds promising.  I would like to witness the show without the dinner prior.  

As an additional thought about the date of 1/5/20:  my travel agent is of the opinion that this might be a "holding place" for a seat for the show and not a firm--you have to be there then--date.  My travel agent, Mary, is a very experienced travel agent and she finds working with MSC "different" from other cruise lines.  

This will probably turn out to be "another travel adventure" for me.  And, that's OK.

I'm pretty sure that is similar to other things I've booked prior to sailing, like a laundry package, and is just listed as available on the sail date.  I'm going to email or call and see if I can schedule a specific date/time for Cirque on a couple of my bookings.

ETA: Actually I just looked at a booking where Cirque w/dinner was included and found where you mentioned and it lists our sail date also.  I'm sure what I said above is the case. 

Edited by Até

13 hours ago, Até said:

In response to your question on another thread; It took a bit to remember where I saw a Cirque menu from Meraviglia, it was in Hey Tina's review linked below.  There is another review with more food pics, but right now I can't remember where.  Pete, @Skier52, had a Meraviglia review showing Cirque where he mentions needing a mallet, perhaps he can elaborate.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2551434-msc-meraviglia-live-review-northern-europe-june-10-june-24/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-55056381

This is me with the mallet

P1090123.jpg

The mallet was used to break the large "crisp" or for want of another description, "poppadum***", which covered the main course of the 3 course meal, to reveal the dish. It was a bit of theatre to keep meal a surprise until the moment you broke the covering.  

*** for anyone not acquainted with Indian Cuisine this is what a poppadum looks like

they are the size of a dinner plate

poppadums.jpg

• Thanks 1

For anyone who is interested the review referred to in the above post can be found on this link

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=270&t=12438

Pete

it is a review of a cruise in the YC of Meraviglia and has received some very complimentary comments as to being a good review; one even said it was "terrific"

"That was a terrific review!  Thank you.😀 "

Edited by Skier52

On 5/15/2019 at 8:59 PM, rkacruiser said:

This information was received from MSC on Page #2 titled Booking Details by my travel agent which she forwarded to me.

In the section titled (after my name and date of birth) "Items charged in USD", there is this listing:  

INCL---(a number is shown that I don't think is appropriate to post)--Cirque Du Soleil at Sea Viaggio-Dinner and show-01/05/20.

My travel agent nor I have been able so far to determine if that date is the date that is a firm date for me.  If I can't get clarity on this date/time--whatever is that time--before I embark, the YC Concierge and I will have a meeting soon after I embark to get this resolved. 

Hello!

I booked on line and there was nowhere to "choose" a date or time. Online in my profile under "My Purchases" it is listed with the date and time. SEE BELOW

HOWEVER...I have heard that the date and time magically "Do Not" transfer to the ships logs and you have to go stand in the que to finalize the date and time. Yes! Another travel adventure.

HOWEVER...knowing this ahead of time...it won't be a surprise when it happens and if it is actually all set and I don't have to que I'll be happy! Luckily I had a class in Ship Time so I know that 22:00 is 10 pm.

Howard

736.jpg 

CIRQUE DU SOLEIL AT SEA VIAGGIO - SIGNATURE COCKTAIL AND SHOW
 Specialty Dining

Booking guests
HOWARD 
Booking day
08 October
Booking time
22:00

Total
$ 18.00
Remove
836.jpg 
CIRQUE DU SOLEIL AT SEA SONOR - SIGNATURE COCKTAIL AND SHOW
 Specialty Dining

Booking guests
HOWARD 
Booking day
12 October
Booking time
22:00

Total
$ 18.00
Remove
Edited by HLR

• 5 months later...
6 hours ago, drsel said:

What is the price difference in US$ between advance booking online & on the spot booking on board.?

Hello!

If I am not mistaken...Cirque was the same price BUT there was no 18% gratuity tacked on when pre-booking on line.

[When boarding DO NOT stand in line in the atrium...but go directly to the theatre where there was no line to get your reservations for the day and time you wanted]

Spa services such as massages were MUCH more expensive on board however. The same was true about pre-booking and NO 18% tip added...as opposed to booking a massage for much more on the ship plus the 18%. 

Howard

2 hours ago, HLR said:

If I am not mistaken...Cirque was the same price BUT there was no 18% gratuity tacked on when pre-booking on line.

[When boarding DO NOT stand in line in the atrium...but go directly to the theatre where there was no line to get your reservations for the day and time you wanted]

Howard

1. On which nights are the "Welcome back" & "Black" parties on a 7 night MSC Bellisima (or sister ship) cruise?

2. Is it better to book & pay for the 19.15 or 22.00 Cirque du Soleil show on MSC Bellisima? We would not like to miss any of the other 6 FREE shows in the other (main) theater.

3. In order to attend the all 6 FREE shows, 2 Cirque du Soleil shows & all the theme parties every night, which is the ideal time to choose for dinner 18.00, 20.00 or 21.30?

4. If 2 Black members share the same cabin, are they entitled to 1 or 2 specialty dinners? Can each Black member take his partner out for a separate specialty dinner?

Thanks in advance!

16 hours ago, drsel said:

1. On which nights are the "Welcome back" & "Black" parties on a 7 night MSC Bellisima (or sister ship) cruise?

2. Is it better to book & pay for the 19.15 or 22.00 Cirque du Soleil show on MSC Bellisima? We would not like to miss any of the other 6 FREE shows in the other (main) theater.

3. In order to attend the all 6 FREE shows, 2 Cirque du Soleil shows & all the theme parties every night, which is the ideal time to choose for dinner 18.00, 20.00 or 21.30?

4. If 2 Black members share the same cabin, are they entitled to 1 or 2 specialty dinners? Can each Black member take his partner out for a separate specialty dinner?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry...I can't answer even one of those questions...I'm not a black card member and I was on the Meraviglia.

Howard

19 hours ago, drsel said:

Thanks in advance!

1.Cant exactly remember but think it was the third day.

• 1 month later...

On the most beautiful ship in the world, MSC Bellisima, there were 2 Welcome back cocktail parties at 11.00 & 18.45 on day 4 (sea day) in the Bellisima bar, deck 6

Additionally, the Diamond party was at 18.45 on day 5, in the TV Studio lounge, deck 7 on Bellisima, where we had our complimentary photo taken. They served caviar & some exotic tit bits, along with Aperol Spritz, Prosecco, red wine & a mocktail.

There were 6 free production shows & 6 theme parties on day 1--6. They had over 10 dancers & 6+ singers. The entertainment team (10 of them) were super enthusiastic.

Also 2 paid Cirque du Soleil shows. ($18 online in advance or Euro 15+2.25 service charge onboard). All tickets were sold out by day 5.

Edited by drsel