Cabanas available on Nautica

Jancruz

Personally I think that sucks. We pay for access to all views on a cruise ship, it reduces the deck space that we all pay for. Or are we going back to first class and second - in which case I wouldn't mind a discount for what we are being denied.:mad:

Lahore..when was the last time you spent time in the area they have placed the cabanas..

Jan

Actually, Jan, I have used that area more than most people, although I recognize very few people wander up there.

1. On my morning workout, I like to go round the "track" but include that deck (and the stairs up and down) as my extended lap course.

2. I use the golf net to practice swing.

3. I like to read up there, away from people.

4. We play shuffleboard up there

5. It's a nice quiet place to watch the stars at night.

Not sure how much these cabanas would interfere with those activities. I realize that the company probably sees it as a non-revenue producing area. So they can squeeze another $1500 (or so) per day out of that area, without much disruption to other passengers......ah well....

Originally Posted by lahore in part:

"Or are we going back to first class and second - in which case I wouldn't mind a discount for what we are being denied.:mad:"

Lahore, everyone has the option to purchase a cabana for use.. so no one is being "denied" nor "segregated" into classes..:o

Jan, could several passengers get together to reserve a cabana ahead of time and then share its use? 8 cabanas for 300 cabins or so isn't really enough to spread around the goodness. Or maybe they're mainly for those who want to indulge in a bit of nude sunbathing? Which wouldnt be me . . .

Well Jan and Claudia, unlike some, I don't habitually hang out on five star cruise ships and have never been on Nautica, therefore my response to your question is "no time at all". It doesn't look like I will either despite the fact that I will be onboard for two weeks in March. I save up hard for my cruises, and the Australian dollar is worth less than yours so it's 30% more expensive. If I was on a Panama cruise - as I was last year - this would be enough to make me switch to another cruise line.

Also, unlike some who have a distinct bias, I am not a travel agent so I have nothing to gain from the establishment of these exclusive reserves for the uberwealthy; nudist; travel-agent-commission-seeker or just plain pretentious.

Jan, could several passengers get together to reserve a cabana ahead of time and then share its use? 8 cabanas for 300 cabins or so isn't really enough to spread around the goodness. Or maybe they're mainly for those who want to indulge in a bit of nude sunbathing? Which wouldnt be me . . .

Absolutely..why not??

Jan

Well Jan and Claudia, unlike some, I don't habitually hang out on five star cruise ships and have never been on Nautica, therefore my response to your question is "no time at all". It doesn't look like I will either despite the fact that I will be onboard for two weeks in March. I save up hard for my cruises, and the Australian dollar is worth less than yours so it's 30% more expensive. If I was on a Panama cruise - as I was last year - this would be enough to make me switch to another cruise line.

Also, unlike some who have a distinct bias, I am not a travel agent so I have nothing to gain from the establishment of these exclusive reserves for the uberwealthy; nudist; travel-agent-commission-seeker or just plain pretentious.

The cabanas only occupy a small portion of deck 11 – 80 or 90% of the deck was left as is and will remain a quiet haven for guests.

Jan

Jan:

I'm glad to hear that they only take up about 80% of the space up there...seems like it could be the best of both worlds!!

Also, we usually travel with one or two other couples..so sharing could certaily be a good option!! If it's $100 per day it will probably work out to be $1000 or so for a 12 day cruise...divide by 4 pax, and it's the cost of a couple shore excursions!! So..., if we are in the Caribbean (where the cabanas would be most welcome), stay on the ship for a couple days in ports we have visited many times before and we'd be financially even!!

I'm making lemonade too~!!

This was in seatrade hope okay to post here[/b][/left]

‘Sexy’ private cabanas debut on Nautica

2/12/2005

Oceania Cruises’

Nautica debuted with a new feature: eight private cabanas with a host of amenities. Located forward on the ship’s top deck, the cabanas are available for daily or full-voyage rental.

Each cabana features a double Balinese sun bed surrounded by white curtains. ‘They’re very sexy,’ said Oceania evp Bob Binder.

Passengers may order from the Waves Grill menu, and treats delivered throughout the day include iced towel wraps, fruit skewers, ice cream and afternoon tea. Those who book a full-cruise cabana package get extras such as a complimentary 10-minute chair massage, a 25% discount on Oceania Spa by Mandara services performed in the cabana on port days, and a cabana bag with sun care products, visors, towels and other items. The cost of reserving a cabana is $50 on port days and $100 on sea days. Full-voyage package pricing varies depending on the cruise.

so looks like you can get massaged there too.. neat!

Lahore.....In a way I actually think I agree with you.however from memory this is one of those areas on the ship that was barely utilised.........

Brian

Sailing into port on a sunny afternoon, the Sun Deck was pretty heavily utlized, at least in the Baltic and Med cruises we've been on. They were also pretty populated on afternoon sailaways when passengers wanted to see ahead of the ship. On the other hand, the open deck area alongside the thalassotherapy pool on Deck 9 was rarely occupied.

Given the strong winds on the upper deck when the ship is underway, the Deck 9 location provides a far more sheltered (and private) place for cabana users than Deck 11. I guess Oceania's going to have to find that out through trial and error.

Purple Cow and all..Here is an update on cabanas..!!!

Nautica – has them

Regatta – Are already built; will be finished out and furnished for the 12/22 cruise

Insignia – April ’06 (First European Cruise)

All three ships have The Patio – some finishing details need to be put in place on Regatta.

This is going to be fun..Stu and I are going on be Regatta January 13th to the 29th Panama Canal Cruise and I will report several times from the cruise how all is going with cabanas..

Jan

Yes Dr Wong, as I said I would have thought that was a rather good (and hitherto public) vantage point for sailing into port. Those of us in inside cabins (oh horror, such plebs) like to have good vantage points. Never mind, I imagine in the Sea between Korea and Japan in late winter there won't be too many nude sunbathers:p

Archived