Cabanas available on Nautica

Jancruz

The cabanas on the Nautica are beautiful and are now available for rent ..The two in the corners have 2 glass walls facing the water and the other 2 sides are sailcloth with the opening in the front the other 6 have one glass wall and the sailcloth sides all have a Roman shade that can be pulled over the top for shade..they are equipped with special lotions and towels and a butler to bring food and drink..

Sounds like a fun experience to me!! The prices are packaged for the whole trip (check prices with your TA) Or $100 for sea days and $50 for port days if there are any available when you board the ship,... you can check at the pursers office ..call your TA now..

Jan

Where exactly are they located? It seems to me that they would reduce the available deck space somewhat.

Guess that it is a moot point for me - I can't imagine renting one anyway, but will have to reserve final judgement until we are aboard Nautica, Istanbul to Singapore, Nov next year.

Are they forward on the Sun Deck, or aft (on the deck surrounding the funnel)? The forward Sun Deck was one of the popular places for sailaways (or entering port) and I hope the cabanas won't get in our way (or will we be blocking the views of those high-rollers?) ;)

Looks nice, but they're going to block the forward views from the Sun Deck that we used to be able to enjoy as we sailed into port. I guess we commoners will have to settle for the views from the Horizons Lounge.

Can these be reserved in advance of a sailing? I think I'm going to NEED one the day of the Panama Canal transit and I'll bet everyone else will want them that day, too.

Yes they can, however I believe you have to book one for the entire cruise and individual days are only available while on board. I may be wrong on that. I called Oceania today for pricing. The agent was able to tell me it's $100 a day for sea days and $50 a day for port days, but not what the whole cruise would cost as she said it would be discounted.

On that note, I do have to say the agent went out of her way to check into it, checked with a supervisor and sent an e-mail to the "pricing" person. Even sent me pictures via e-mail, gave me her extension number and asked that I check back tomorrow when she should have an answer. Oceania's agents poor customer service has been discussed many times on these boards, just wanted to share an experience that was very pleasant. The lack of available pricing wasn't her fault - but she did everything she could to figure it out even checking back with me several times while I was on hold to let me know she was still checking. Just wanted to share a positive experience. :D

Joe

Joe, I am glad you have had a positive experience..but I have been selling them for over a week..if you would call your TA..I am sure he/she knows the right person to call..

You cannot rent Cabanas by the day until you board the ship..you can then go to the pursers office and if they arr available..you can rent them...

Jan

Wooooops !!!!!

I stand corrected....................but still I think I prefer my bed.........or I can gaze at the stars from the balcony.............

Maybe I should work out the cost if an inside cabin and add a cabana to sleep and get the best of all worlds.........just a joke.

Brian

Personally I think that sucks. We pay for access to all views on a cruise ship, it reduces the deck space that we all pay for. Or are we going back to first class and second - in which case I wouldn't mind a discount for what we are being denied.:mad:

Archived