Dining Room Entree Question

I always order both. Just know that you will end up with two complete dinners.

/\ This! Even if you ask only for the lobster tail or the prime rib itself, you'll get two full meals. A lot of time I just want the protein from a second dinner (and ask for it), but without fail an entire meal comes out... Kinda wasteful, but I think much easier on the kitchen staff than preparing just a main or just a side, etc.

/\ This! Even if you ask only for the lobster tail or the prime rib itself, you'll get two full meals. A lot of time I just want the protein from a second dinner (and ask for it), but without fail an entire meal comes out... Kinda wasteful, but I think much easier on the kitchen staff than preparing just a main or just a side, etc.

Exactly! Always experienced getting a complete set instead of just the main. And gets the same response from the waiter that it is easier for them to do that way.

Exactly! Always experienced getting a complete set instead of just the main. And gets the same response from the waiter that it is easier for them to do that way.

Because it is. The meals are plated before the doors open to the MDR. The kitchen mass produces banquet style plated meals and do not prep plates a la carte like a restaurant ashore. Read Cruise Confidential to learn about the food and beverage operations from the only American crew member to complete their contract with Carnival at the time the book was published.

I always order both. Just know that you will end up with two complete dinners.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

Even though you get two full meals, they aren't huge helpings. They are considered "normal" helpings. You know, what the doctors tell you that you should be eating, not what you normally pile on. ;)