Cocktail packages worth $$$

Taking a 4 day cruise. I've read that drinks are pricy and incur automatic 18% gratuity. Some have complained they are "watered down".

I'd likely only have 2-3 per day. Is this worth it? I like my drinks strong...not paying for party punch.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Taking a 4 day cruise. I've read that drinks are pricy and incur automatic 18% gratuity. Some have complained they are "watered down".

I'd likely only have 2-3 per day. Is this worth it? I like my drinks strong...not paying for party punch.

If you are asking if having 2-3 drinks per day would be less expensive with a beverage package, the answer is no.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Bank on beers being 6 dollars. Mixed drinks a bit more.. And frozen drinks 12-13.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I drink martinis, so hard to water those down. If you like your drinks strong, you can always get the soda package and order your drinks neat. Then you can make them as strong as you want.

Also remember if you get the deluxe package, it will include specialty coffee, sodas, juices, and waters.

Watch for the price to possibly drop. My cruise coming up, it dropped to $44 (plus gratuity), so I purchased it.

Never seemed to have watered down drinks. That number per day is probably not worth the package. However, DW was convinced she didn't drink enough to make the package cost effective. I bought it anyway and then showed her the statement at the end of the cruise. She clearly drank enough per day to make the package at least a break even.

Now, on non excursion days... Bloody Mary with breakfast, fruity frozen during lunch and through the afternoon, 1 martini, 2 glasses wine?

If i drank that, and the few beers atdinner on excursion days.. it'd be a break even.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Do they limit the amount of beverages you can have with the drink package? Alcohol and non alcohol limited?

No minimum time period between drinks (other than Freestyle soda) either.