Current Sip N Sail Promotion and Using FCC as deposit.

dstables

Just wondering if people currently booking cruises under the Sip + Sail Promotion have you used a FCC as your deposit? I just booked two cruises today under this promotion to Australia and Fiji for 2019. It says on my booking "Future Cruise Credits cannot be used towards payment of deposit (excluding Future Cruise Deposits) ???? I'm confused because I'm sure that I have read that people are booking using their FCC's and when I read the fine print for that sale it only says that the low deposit of $100.00 USD per guest made under Sip + Sail is refundable. Nothing that FCC's cannot be used.

It's a terminology confusion. Future Cruise Deposits are those things you buy onboard for $100, get you future OBC, etc., and for whatever reason used to be called Future Cruise Credits, FCC. But in Princess' new world of naming things, they are now called FCD. Because FCC, Future Cruise Credits, are now what they give you to use as OBC for use onboard only.

It's a terminology confusion. Future Cruise Deposits are those things you buy onboard for $100, get you future OBC, etc., and for whatever reason used to be called Future Cruise Credits, FCC. But in Princess' new world of naming things, they are now called FCD. Because FCC, Future Cruise Credits, are now what they give you to use as OBC for use onboard only.

Thank you for confirming what I figured out after rereading my bill for my booking and that their term FCC is not the same as FCD. And when I now look under my bookings I can see that my TA was able to use our FCD as our deposits. Thanks 😊

You already got the answer, but here's a bit of trivia.

You can't use a FCD to book any leg of a World Cruise. If you try, they'll offer you a "discount" that's equivalent to the $100 FCD but no OBC.

Same for any cruise labeled a "Grand Adventure". We are on the 49 day cruise around South America in 2019. No FCD allowed, but we did get pre-paid gratuities, $500 each OBC and a 3% discount.

I was able to book a 2018 Sydney-Fiji itinerary under the sip + sail promo and use my fcDeposit of $100 as the deposit. It also netted me a $100 AUD OBC for use on the cruise. I'm just wondering if the TA OBC of $350 is USD or AUD. I guess I'll find out when we board!