alaska cruise what to wear

i'll be cruising to alaska out of seattle mid august does anyone know what kind of clothes to bring. Thanks

Weather dot com will give you a 15 day outlook for just about any city. Look up Seattle, and than look up the Northern most place you will visit, and adjust you cloth according to the forcast.

I just got back from an Alaskan cruise last month and "Layers" is absolutely correct. We did the train ride up in Skagway and biked back down. Up in Fraser, Canada it was cool in the upper 40s - cool enough that we put on gloves for our bike ride. We get back into Skagway an hour+ later and it is in the mid to upper 70s and we are stripping down in the middle of the street (well, taking off coats, sweatshirts, rain pants). In hindsight I wish I would have worn my convertible pants that day so I could have easily changed them into shorts.

Generally it was cooler in the mornings and some days it warmed up a lot and others it didn't.

The most versatile pieces we use are our our super light roomy waterproof windbreakers with hood (columbia brand) Lightweight, tiny in suitcase. Serves as rain gear, Blocks wind on deck, Easy top layer over a tee or long sleeve shirt, AND closes in your body heat as the top layer over a couple layers like tank & tee, or sweatshirt,sweater, so no need for full jacket. Im female and take a tiny nylon camisole in purse, backpack, on excursions where it MIGHT get cooler. That way no matter what happens, I have an extra layer to put on without lugging around the "just in case" sweater...Have a lovely cruise.

The most versatile pieces we use are our our super light roomy waterproof windbreakers with hood (columbia brand) Lightweight, tiny in suitcase. Serves as rain gear, Blocks wind on deck,

Good suggestion. My brother and SIL are on a Princess cruise with land excursion as we speak and he has been texting me photos. I see lots of lite windbreakers, some gloves, and stocking caps. I know when we went it was fairly comfortable with a couple of layers; except for the day we sailed glacier bay when I couldn't put on enough to stay warm.

Waterproof shoes - either waterproof a pair of sneakers or get hiking shoes that are waterproof. Water pants as well - don't get too hot and pack very easily. Alaska weather can change in a second - one minute it's bright and sunny, then the next minutes it's a down pore.

Layers are key! It was about 55-60 last week and with just a bit of walking it gets warm especially if the sun comes out. Out on deck it can get pretty chilly with the wind. I'm from the Seattle area so this is normal weather for me so I have to say it was a bit funny to see people in full on winter hats,coats, gloves, and scarves at 60 degrees. I saw a majority of people dressed up for formal nights. More people wearing jeans than on a Caribbean cruise. Never was a problem.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app