5 cabins available

debster818

Help me out on this. I am looking at a cruise for March 2018. Carnival website says there are only 5 cabins available midship balcony. I went on Cruise.com and it says the same cabins are available. Is it truly possible that the ship is so booked already? We have friends who can't commit till end of October. Do you think there are more cabins than what they say? Thanks.

Probably not, but you could call Carnival to find out.

When Carnival has multiple cabins they only display 10.

Since only 5 are showing, that might be all that remain.

Book a fully refundable rate now, if all of you can't go, one phone call before final payment date and it all comes back to you.

No one can answer that definitively, except Carnival, but it has been my experience that more rooms are still available than the Carnival site shows at any given time. For example, I've been watching a particular cruise for months. About a month ago the Carnival site showed only 1 balcony stateroom available. Currently, it is showing 8 available. A call is probably the safest route. Even then, you may or may not get the truth. By that I don't mean they will lie to you, but that rooms can come open after the category has "sold out." Sold out is a relative term when it comes to ship cabins.

Because you are looking at a very desirable location in a time of high demand, there maybe only those 5 at this time. Another thought, it is also possible that TA's are holding staterooms. I agree with the above poster. Book a refundable fare and cancel before final payment.

As others have mentioned, the popularity of March due to Spring Break is a factor in what you're seeing. But also remember that soon after final payment date for the cruise, there will be individual cancellations as well as blocks of unsold rooms returned to Carnival by travel agencies so the cabin availability may loosen up around December.

It does not hurt to call the 800- number to ask Carnival what other balconies might be available. I did that for a cruise we are on in March and magically when I called there were other possibilities that I couldn't see.

Quite often when prior to the full payment due date, websites including the cruise line own will only show cabins that match the criteria you have inputted. So if you are indicated that there will be 3 in a cabin it will only show you triples, not quads or quints for the cabin type you picked and for the sale or special pricing you may or may not of clicked in.

Usually a reputable PVP or CLIA associated TA can get a list of all cabins that will fit your group/family even if it has more berths than you need.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app

How many people are you wanting to put in each cabin? Here's another possibility as to why so few are showing up. When we booked the Dream for Feb. 2017, for the longest time, there were very few cabins available for 2 people in the category I was looking at but if I changed the number of people to 3 or 4, then plenty showed up. Obviously, Carnival was not allowing 2 people to book into triples and quads. Eventually though, when the cruise got closer, Carnival suddenly released all of the triples and quads to be booked by singles and doubles. So if you are only putting in 2 passengers when checking, it's possible that you can't see the triples and quads and they could be released later. Of course, any time 2 people are booked into triples or quads, there is always a chance that they could get moved if Carnival needs the cabin for 3-4 people.