Formal attire for men

fur_ever21

Oh no here we go again. It will be the same answers from the same people over and over again and again.

This same question came up three times this week. OK let the fight begin. You can wear a t-shirt in the dining room. No you can't Yes you can, No you can't Yes you can, No you can't Yes you can, No you can't.

Well do you get it by now. No, Yes, No, Yes. Are all of you happy that I finally answered this question.

(y)(n)(y)(n)(y)(n).

Tony

Oh no here we go again. It will be the same answers from the same people over and over again and again.

This same question came up three times this week. OK let the fight begin. You can wear a t-shirt in the dining room. No you can't Yes you can, No you can't Yes you can, No you can't Yes you can, No you can't.

Well do you get it by now. No, Yes, No, Yes. Are all of you happy that I finally answered this question.

(y)(n)(y)(n)(y)(n).

Tony

Love it! My husband doesn't bring a jacket or suit and we go to the specialty restaurant's on those formal nights, we did that for too many year. We have been on way too many cruises to think we need to dress up anymore, we go on a cruise to enjoy ourselves and my husband doesn't want to feel like he needs to empress anyone but me!!! I think he looks more than handsome in his nice dress pants and his Tommy Bahama shirt.

(y)(n)(y)(n)(y)(n).

Tony

Whoah Tony. Your response was very unkind. I am sorry I was unaware of the question being brought up so many times. Maybe you should stop following these comments so often. It might help with keeping your blood pressure in check.

Whoah Tony. Your response was very unkind. I am sorry I was unaware of the question being brought up so many times. Maybe you should stop following these comments so often. It might help with keeping your blood pressure in check.

fur_ever21,

Thanks for being concerned about my blood pressure!!! I don't have a problem with it it's fine. :)

Tony

Love it! My husband doesn't bring a jacket or suit and we go to the specialty restaurant's on those formal nights, we did that for too many year. We have been on way too many cruises to think we need to dress up anymore, we go on a cruise to enjoy ourselves and my husband doesn't want to feel like he needs to empress anyone but me!!! I think he looks more than handsome in his nice dress pants and his Tommy Bahama shirt.

I also used to avoid the DR years ago dressed like that until the head waiter told me that I was fine dressed just like that.

We've been eating in the DR on formal nights every since & only go to the buffet when there nothing of interest on their DR menu.

I also used to avoid the DR years ago dressed like that until the head waiter told me that I was fine dressed just like that.

We've been eating in the DR on formal nights every since & only go to the buffet when there nothing of interest on their DR menu.

Good to know. Thank you :)

We were on the July 8 Ruby Princess RT from Seattle. I can vouch for the fact that your husband will feel like one of the better dressed men on formal night if he wears a gray suit. My DH wore a sport coat and tie and griped to me about how I'd made him wear the tie when plenty of men had no tie and/or no jacket.

We were on the July 8 Ruby Princess RT from Seattle. I can vouch for the fact that your husband will feel like one of the better dressed men on formal night if he wears a gray suit. My DH wore a sport coat and tie and griped to me about how I'd made him wear the tie when plenty of men had no tie and/or no jacket.

I see he's well trained to listen, or else.

I see he's well trained to listen, or else.
:D True. I should also add that we'll be back on the Ruby in March, and this time we've invited the serious boyfriend of our older DD. It'll be his first cruise and these young people (early 20's) are super excited about formal night. Who knows, maybe these things go in cycles and eventually formal nights will see a resurgence. Or maybe not. But for now I think there should be a mutual non-agression pact between the formalists and the casualists.

Tony

I heard you can wear a T-shirt with a picture of a tuxedo on it.....nothing else.....is that true???....I just can never figure out the complicated, stressful, over whelming, confusing, bewildering, "what should I do or bring" dress code...I need a cyanide pill.....:eek:.;p:D:halo:

:D True. I should also add that we'll be back on the Ruby in March, and this time we've invited the serious boyfriend of our older DD. It'll be his first cruise and these young people (early 20's) are super excited about formal night. Who knows, maybe these things go in cycles and eventually formal nights will see a resurgence. Or maybe not. But for now I think there should be a mutual non-agression pact between the formalists and the casualists.

Amen to that.

(y)

I will make this non aggressive - when and if Princess introduces a casual/formal dress code I will still wear my navy suit white shirt and tie. My DW of 48 years thinks I still look good in a suit and I think she looks great in a nice pantsuit or dress.

Thank you for your response :) and oh my what fun you will have in March. How sweet to take your dtr and her bf :)

I will make this non aggressive - when and if Princess introduces a casual/formal dress code I will still wear my navy suit white shirt and tie. My DW of 48 years thinks I still look good in a suit and I think she looks great in a nice pantsuit or dress.

And you should never disagree with your DW and always compliment her when she is at her best. Enjoy your cruises.

I heard you can wear a T-shirt with a picture of a tuxedo on it.....nothing else.....is that true???....I just can never figure out the complicated, stressful, over whelming, confusing, bewildering, "what should I do or bring" dress code...I need a cyanide pill.....:eek:.;p:D:halo:

We saw that on Celebrity. It was "Chic" night. As t shirts were not allowed, he was stopped by the maître D & told to put on a collared shirt. We saw him as we went through the buffet later on. He also had shorts, which didn't help his case.

We saw that on Celebrity. It was "Chic" night. As t shirts were not allowed, he was stopped by the maître D & told to put on a collared shirt. We saw him as we went through the buffet later on. He also had shorts, which didn't help his case.

Wow. Even Princess which has more restrictions allows them on casual nights.

Wow. Even Princess which has more restrictions allows them on casual nights.

It was Chic night, which replaced formal night. If he had long pants, still not sure whether would have gotten in.

And you should never disagree with your DW and always compliment her when she is at her best. Enjoy your cruises

Strange coming from you but I do every chance I get - we have had 48 wonderful years tgether and 50 cruised, 48 on Princess - next year we will have 50 Princess and 50 years.

Strange coming from you but I do every chance I get - we have had 48 wonderful years tgether and 50 cruised, 48 on Princess - next year we will have 50 Princess and 50 years.

It's to bad you missed out on the 50th cruise goodies package. Flowers, horderves, bridge tour and whatever else they would have thrown in. ;)

It's to bad you missed out on the 50th cruise goodies package. Flowers, horderves, bridge tour and whatever else they would have thrown in. ;)

We will get that next year. We get the hourderves now but give them to Stewart unless they are the chocolate covered strawberries

They used to bridge tours for everyone - so there would be nothing new there - being an engineer I would love an engine room tour but nobody gets this.

We will get that next year.

Nope.

We get the hourderves now but give them to Stewart unless they are the chocolate covered strawberries

He'll probably just dump them in the garbage. They see the same things all the time.

They used to bridge tours for everyone - so there would be nothing new there - being an engineer I would love an engine room tour but nobody gets this.

:cool::cool::cool: