Miami Port Check In Time

lifeasme123

We will be sailing on Seaside in Jan 2018. I am trying to plan the logistics for the day we fly in.

I read or saw somewhere that the Embarkation time is 400PM. Is this correct? I am trying to figure out how they will board people that fast given the ship is scheduled to leave at 700PM.

For those who have been on Divina from Miami, what time did boarding begin?

Our flight lands at 10AM on Saturday. I am debating on whether to come to the port directly, or rent a car and go have lunch along Miami Beach. I do not want to go to the port and sit there if embarkation is at 400PM.

My ticket has an 11:00 check in time. I don't know how often something goes wrong to push that time down but from reading reviews here I see it does happen.

That is a big difference between your time and ours. Are you in the Yacht Club? I wonder if the YC passengers get to board much earlier than the rest of us?

I wonder if the YC passengers get to board much earlier than the rest of us?

Generally speaking, the Yacht Club desk is the first to open. We boarded Meraviglia before the other desks were even set up!

Never, ever seen a 4pm Embarkation time. That would be madness. I'm thinking it'll more likely be closer to 11-11:30 am in which case your best bet is to head straight to the port.

We've cruised out of Miami many times before, but with another cruise line. We usually board by noon. Seaside departure time is later (at 7pm) and it's a different cruise line. We were just on the Meravigilia last month and boarding did not start until 230pm for a 5pm departure.

Hence why I am asking those who has been on Divina - did you get to board early?

Boarding begins by 11 on the Divina. We were on board having drinks and eating at the buffet by noon the first time we sailed onboard Divina. Our travel docs for next month say 11 but we're YC for that one. Our friends who are sailing with us but in a balcony, also have 11 on their docs.

I think the 4pm is kind of like last call. All passengers must be screened and onboard by 5pm in order to sail at 7. Even the muster drill is at 4:30.

That is a big difference between your time and ours. Are you in the Yacht Club? I wonder if the YC passengers get to board much earlier than the rest of us?

No I'm not in YC. I was surprised to see the time that early too. I have read about a lot of people getting there at that time but I thought they just had really early flights because most of them said they didn't get on until noon.

I definitely wouldn't wait until 4:00. This might be a bit of a system error. Maybe we're wrong but I wouldn't risk it. :confused:

No I'm not in YC. I was surprised to see the time that early too. I have read about a lot of people getting there at that time but I thought they just had really early flights because most of them said they didn't get on until noon.

I definitely wouldn't wait until 4:00. This might be a bit of a system error. Maybe we're wrong but I wouldn't risk it. :confused:

We'll be there as soon as the shuttle gets us from the airport!

We'll be there as soon as the shuttle gets us from the airport!

Good idea! We sailed last week on Divina and arrived at the port around noon. No line to security and just a small one to check in. We were on the ship in about 45 minutes so save your money and have lunch on the ship!!

We also were on the Divina last week . Our boarding time was 11 a.m. We arrived at the port at 10:50 , got thru security at 11:15 , were thru check in by 11: 25 then the problems started . They sent us to a waiting area to the far right of the terminal . We were offered juice and water and told to listen for our boarding number to be called . Unfortunately , there was no speakers or any other communications system in this area . Our number was 21 and we could see other passengers boarding thru the window but we never heard any numbers being called . When my husband went to inquire about what was going on , he was rudely told they were on number 29 and we could enter after that group ended . We were not too happy ! But we refused to let that snafu ruin our trip. We were on board by 12:35.

We also were on the Divina last week . Our boarding time was 11 a.m. We arrived at the port at 10:50 , got thru security at 11:15 , were thru check in by 11: 25 then the problems started . They sent us to a waiting area to the far right of the terminal . We were offered juice and water and told to listen for our boarding number to be called . Unfortunately , there was no speakers or any other communications system in this area . Our number was 21 and we could see other passengers boarding thru the window but we never heard any numbers being called . When my husband went to inquire about what was going on , he was rudely told they were on number 29 and we could enter after that group ended . We were not too happy ! But we refused to let that snafu ruin our trip. We were on board by 12:35.

Ps - graminAtor - sorry I didn't meet you on the cruise. Were you at the meet and mingle? If so I'd love to get a copy of the group photo if you have one. We never received one [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will be sailing on Seaside in Jan 2018. I am trying to plan the logistics for the day we fly in.

I read or saw somewhere that the Embarkation time is 400PM. Is this correct? I am trying to figure out how they will board people that fast given the ship is scheduled to leave at 700PM.

For those who have been on Divina from Miami, what time did boarding begin?

Our flight lands at 10AM on Saturday. I am debating on whether to come to the port directly, or rent a car and go have lunch along Miami Beach. I do not want to go to the port and sit there if embarkation is at 400PM.

Around noon.

I absolutely agree to wait until after noon when some of the craziness has died down . We will definitely do this on our next cruise in June .

Wetwash , so sorry we didn't get to meet you ! We got very involved with the crew and another couple that we sorta lost the mingle aspect . We also did not receive a photo , however our daughter did . I will try to get a copy to send along to you .

I absolutely agree to wait until after noon when some of the craziness has died down . We will definitely do this on our next cruise in June .

Wetwash , so sorry we didn't get to meet you ! We got very involved with the crew and another couple that we sorta lost the mingle aspect . We also did not receive a photo , however our daughter did . I will try to get a copy to send along to you .

Thx graminator - if you or your daughter can scan and email me a copy I'd appreciate it

Koseaman@me.com

I I'll try to mingle more next time as well… Any one else reading this definitely worth your while to spend an hour or so at the meet and mingle !

Is this true for folks doing normal boarding (not Yacht club)? I'm only asking because I don't want to get there at noon and just sit around. With Carnival I am platinum so I am one of the first to board, so this is new territory for me.

Around noon.

Is this true for folks doing normal boarding (not Yacht club)? I'm only asking because I don't want to get there at noon and just sit around. With Carnival I am platinum so I am one of the first to board, so this is new territory for me.

We were just classic on MSC due to a status match. Make sure you do your status match. But we arrived right at noon were on the ship within 45 minutes last month Very smooth process. Have a great cruise!

Yes thank you, I did the status match but it still doesn't line up with priority boarding. I appreciate the information, I will aim for the noon hour when we go.

We were just classic on MSC due to a status match. Make sure you do your status match. But we arrived right at noon were on the ship within 45 minutes last month Very smooth process. Have a great cruise!