Lido Deck Rooms on the Dream Advice (or any ship really)

Caps_Shield

We are about to book and are considering staying on the lido deck. We have cruised a lot but never stayed on that deck. Is it loud? It seems like the noise, due to the area of the ship, would be cut down. Also the thought is it's closer to the thinks we want to do the most so less elevator time. Any thoughts or advice?

We stayed on the deck above the Lido, but like 3-4 rooms in from the doors. Loved it! First off, there was a solid door at the end of the hallway that led right out to the outside doors. But that blocked the noise. And while yes, it wasn't the actual Lido deck, it opens right to that deck below. But it was nice to not have to walk very far to go to the pools and such. I didn't notice anymore noise than any other time. We're usually near the top. We may have been on the Lido deck on our past cruises even, don't really remember. I just know we always pick a balcony near the top/front of the ship.

We had a Lido balcony room on the Breeze.

Very little noise made it to the room. We were roughly mid-way between the elevators and the access to the Lido deck.

I'd take these rooms in a second and not worry about any noise at all.

We booked our first Lido deck cabin on our last cruise. We had a Scenic OV forward and there was not a peep all cruise. When this cabin is available we definatly book it again. We also have been on the Panorama deck 10, very quiet. I really liked the just walking down the Lifo deck hallway to the pool/ buffett area. The Panorama deck was one deck above, easy walk also. Both these cruises were on Glory.

We used to get our balcony cabins on the Empress deck as we liked that it was close to everything (2 decks up to the pools/food and 2 decks down to the entertainment). Plus on the ships we were sailing, we had cabins above and below us. But when we sailed on the Breeze two years ago, we decided to try a Lido balcony instead for a couple of reasons:

1. They seemed more private since the lower balconies are just over the top of the promenade outside walkway that goes all the way around deck 5. I didn't like the idea of people looking up into our balconies or the extra noise that might come with that.

2. We were traveling with our toddler for the first time so we figured it would be best to be nearest the pools and food.

We loved the location. The only downside was since our toddler was in a stroller alot, we always had to take the elevators at busy times there could be quite a wait (esp. after dinner). If we were closer to the dining room, we could have just collapsed the stroller and walked up or down a flight of stairs or two. But it would have been a long haul to do up 6-7 flights of stairs with a stroller and toddler. This year on the Vista we are again on the Lido. With the little one being even older, I think the elevator issue will be not as big of a factor as she'll walk most places now. And we'll be close to all of the pools and splash park for her to play in. And as far as noise, we didn't hear a peep (other than noisy neighbors - which you can have anywhere). We were pretty far forward though!

I LOVE the Lido deck rooms and book them whenever I can. Be careful on Vista, as the interior cabins just aft of the elevators are directly over the IMAX theater. We had cabin 10280 and the booming bass into the late evenings was very bothersome.

We are about to book and are considering staying on the lido deck. We have cruised a lot but never stayed on that deck. Is it loud? It seems like the noise, due to the area of the ship, would be cut down. Also the thought is it's closer to the thinks we want to do the most so less elevator time. Any thoughts or advice?

We sailed in 10274 on Dream, 10277 on Breeze and Magic, 10275 on Breeze, and we booked 10277 on Dream next year.

Yes, Lido is a great deck.

LOVE the Lido Deck!!!! I always book our cruises 1-2 years out, so that we can be on the Lido deck. We have a group of 4, so there are limited staterooms and I'm not sure that I could convince my husband to stay on any other deck!