How to watch NCAA and NFL US Football Games

Hello!

I'll be traveling on the Independence OTS - Sunshine in the Canaries itinerary on the 16 of September, first time cruiser. My wife and Inate big NCAA CFB and NFL fans; Alabama and Green Bay.

I'm reading that the odds of showing these games are slim in European itineraries. Is there any advice out there on how to still watch these games?

I'm willing to purchase subscriptions as necessary such as NFL Gamepass, but want to ensure it will work. Will using a VPN for already paid cable subscriptions?

I tried calling RCI directly but they were able to offer little information in what would be available on the television inside the stateroom. No issues with them, I just assumed that others may have inquired before me.

I think you are on the right track by getting streaming access and testing VPN. However, Indy does not yet have the fats O3b internet connection, and there's no way to know if your VPN will work on Indy, so I'd have a Plan B.

You never know what games are going to be available on the ship until gametime. I once sailed from Boston on a Sunday with the Patriots having a 1pm home game. The ship did not carry the game.:eek::( To make matters worse, they were showing the New York Giants on the screen by the pool.:evilsmile:

The 'known' games are typically the NFL late game on Sundays, Sunday Night, Monday Night & Thursday Night games. As far as college games go.... there is no rhyme or reasoning. BTW, whatever game is selected will be the same game that is played on all TVs throughout the ship. i.e. Cabins, Bars, & Pool Deck etc

Are the games you want to watch available on your home TV? If so, consider getting a slingbox and connect it to your tv/cable box/satellite receiver and to your home internet. Download the free slingbox app to whatever device you use and connect back to the slingbox to watch. This will work even on slow connections and should work fine over the ship's internet, at least it has for me.

Are the games you want to watch available on your home TV? If so, consider getting a slingbox and connect it to your tv/cable box/satellite receiver and to your home internet. Download the free slingbox app to whatever device you use and connect back to the slingbox to watch. This will work even on slow connections and should work fine over the ship's internet, at least it has for me.

Most should be, Alabama is almost always on local TV. Two of the three Green Bay games, so SlingBox is a real possibility.

Thanks!!!

Out of the three Green Bay games... there is one Sunday night against the Falcons and a Thursday night against the Bears... since these games would be on around 01:00AM location time.. should I feel better about my odds?

I think so. It's not like there would be a demand at this hour to have something being played, like movie on the pool deck big screen etc. But the SlingBox idea sounds pretty good!