Future Cruise Deposits

Big Foot

i understand that these are being phased out or indeed may have stopped altogether now.

Can anyone please tell me what benefits you now get when booking on board as I'm struggling to find anything in the "help & advice" section on the website.

I'm looking to book a B2B for 2018 & my TA has suggested I should do this when I'm on Ventura next month as I'll get "low deposits & added OBC".

Many thanks.

Joan

i understand that these are being phased out or indeed may have stopped altogether now.

Can anyone please tell me what benefits you now get when booking on board as I'm struggling to find anything in the "help & advice" section on the website.

I'm looking to book a B2B for 2018 & my TA has suggested I should do this when I'm on Ventura next month as I'll get "low deposits & added OBC".

Many thanks.

Joan

If I remember rightly, you pay £50 deposit and they'll usually offer extra obc. You can then transfer this to your TA who may give you additional discount.

Had a look and it's pretty much what I said. We booked onboard in January before they stopped fcd and got £1400 obc which is far more than the info on the P&O website. We've still got 2xfcds to use as we paid them in June just before they were stopped

Tom. You can still pay a low deposit of £50 to book a specific cruise whilst on board.... But you cannot buy a Future Cruise Deposit /Downpayment for £50 to take home and book a cruise within the year. Both were referred to as FCDs which was very confusing.

The problem is where you book a specific cruise you eventually pay the relevant cruise fare dictated at the time you booked. This may be good or not so good. With the £50 Future Cruise Deposit on no specific cruise you could find a brilliant deal and still get the additional OBC. I think this is why P&O want to phase out the £50 Future Cruise Deposit on unspecified at the time cruises.

The benefit of additional OBC is not good if you find you have booked an overpriced cruise or one that has plummeted in price nearer to sail date.

Regards John