Fantastica pkg?

petuniaflower

Could someone explain, aside from the drink vouchers, the other perks of Fantastica?

The free room service, does that mean there is usually a charge? Also, since its free with this pkg, does that include drinks?

Any info on the free kids cooking class? Good for ages 10 and 11?

And by breakfast in bed, do they essentially mean room service?

Thanks!

Fantastica cabins are regarded as being better located than Bella ones. You can choose between early and late dinner sittings - Bella doesn't get to choose. If the ship is at capacity and the MDRs cannot accommodate everyone for dinner, those with Bella bookings will be catered for in the buffet, where a section will be cordoned off for table service offering the MDR menu. Apparently this is rare - but it has happened.

There is no charge for room service - but there is for food items, except breakfast. And, yes, breakfast in bed does mean room service. It's a continental style breakfast - no hot items available, unless you're in a Yacht Club cabin.

Drinks are only included if you have a drinks package.

Here's a link to a comparative table for the different 'Experiences' (except Yacht Club):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53659468&postcount=20

I can address the kids cooking class . The class is open to all the children in the kids club regardless of the Bella or Fantactica experience . Not sure why they call it a perk. The Chef demonstrates how to make gnocchi , then they give each child a portion of dough and they give it a try . Our session turned into a flour fest ! The leaders dumped ice buckets of flour all over each other and the kids were throwing flour everywhere ! I guess it was fun but it was definitely messy !

So to answer your question , the cooking class is not really a perk to the Fantastica experience .

Could you please confirm this statement. I am looking at the MSC web side statement and it does not mention that you must have a drinks package for 12 vouchers.

Fantastica Drink Package, which includes 12 beverage vouchers per person in the stateroom that can be used in bars, restaurants and the buffet. Includes wines by the glass, beers, non-premium spirits and cocktails, soft drinks, mineral water and hot drinks. Child version of package available without alcohol.*

Could you please confirm this statement. I am looking at the MSC web side statement and it does not mention that you must have a drinks package for 12 vouchers.

Fantastica Drink Package, which includes 12 beverage vouchers per person in the stateroom that can be used in bars, restaurants and the buffet. Includes wines by the glass, beers, non-premium spirits and cocktails, soft drinks, mineral water and hot drinks. Child version of package available without alcohol.*

I was answering Petuniaflower's question "The free room service, does that mean there is usually a charge? Also, since its free with this pkg, does that include drinks?"

I meant that the drinks aren't free. According to what you've just posted, the vouchers can't be used for room service orders.

Fantastica cabins are regarded as being better located than Bella ones. You can choose between early and late dinner sittings - Bella doesn't get to choose. If the ship is at capacity and the MDRs cannot accommodate everyone for dinner, those with Bella bookings will be catered for in the buffet, where a section will be cordoned off for table service offering the MDR menu. Apparently this is rare - but it has happened.

There is no charge for room service - but there is for food items, except breakfast. And, yes, breakfast in bed does mean room service. It's a continental style breakfast - no hot items available, unless you're in a Yacht Club cabin.

Here's a link to a comparative table for the different 'Experiences' (except Yacht Club):

Thanks for the info. I've just booked our first MSC trip, so it's great to learn about all the little details :)

I can address the kids cooking class . The class is open to all the children in the kids club regardless of the Bella or Fantactica experience . Not sure why they call it a perk. The Chef demonstrates how to make gnocchi , then they give each child a portion of dough and they give it a try . Our session turned into a flour fest ! The leaders dumped ice buckets of flour all over each other and the kids were throwing flour everywhere ! I guess it was fun but it was definitely messy !

So to answer your question , the cooking class is not really a perk to the Fantastica experience .

If you in Bella ,you have to pay 20$ .

Thanks for the link!